Ricco positive for EPO

Just got home to hear this news..... what a dumb **** !!, it seems not much changes, I would sooner have the tours from a few years ago, they may have been doped but there was still some super-human performances, nowadays they are doping yet most of the performances we are seeing are average at best.

I mean I just loved the '97 tour when Jan blew them away on that St Etienne time trial by 3 mins :D , and seeing Virenque on the same time trial almost never sit in the saddle, Pantani on the Galibier in '98, doped, yet still great performances, what do we get now, Evans looking like he's passing a coconut :p

plectrum said:
My only concern now is over Astana's exclusion because it seems that ASO who must have known for months about this CERA loop hole have effectively decided to let CxntaDope and Bruyneels merry band of cheats escape negative publicity and certain doping bans. Places a whole new light on how many people are bribed by Bruyneel.
Maybe it's time to request the Giro samples!
Bruyneel is familiar with retrotesting.

whiteboytrash said:
Tell us more. Where is this information comnig from ? If you're right this is huge.
Did I not qualify it enough for you . . . for the likes of you in particular?

Forgive me. Some of us actually work for a living and can't spend our lives consumed with being the first to know everything that goes on in the world of cycling. I didn't realize how my one sentence post that clearly indicated everyone MIGHT already know about it could create mental anguish and irreparable harm for you, to the point that you found it necessary to let the world know that you already knew. Congrats WBT for being the first to know. Perhaps we can all do a cheer for you. :rolleyes:

C'dale Girl said:
Did I not qualify it enough for you . . . for the likes of you in particular?

Forgive me. Some of us actually work for a living and can't spend our lives consumed with being the first to know everything that goes on in the world of cycling. I didn't realize how my one sentence post that clearly indicated everyone MIGHT already know about it could create mental anguish and irreparable harm for you, to the point that you found it necessary to let the world know that you already knew. Congrats WBT for being the first to know. Perhaps we can all do a cheer for you. :rolleyes:

Will you wear the outfit and have the pom poms? :D

jhuskey said:
Will you wear the outfit and have the pom poms? :D
Well, I gotta tell ya, the cheerleaders definitely are impressed with how up on things guys are with their pro-cycling gossip. That's so hot, and way cool. :rolleyes:

C'dale Girl said:
Well, I gotta tell ya, the cheerleaders definitely are impressed with how up on things guys are with their pro-cycling gossip. That's so hot, and way cool. :rolleyes:

Dopers bad............cheerleaders good!

C'dale Girl said:
ROTFL....:D

C'dale Girl

Rolfrae posted this a few pages back and yes it is true, SD have suspended all cycling activities until this is resolved .... and made a dash for the Spanish border ;)

ad9898 said:
I mean I just loved the '97 tour when Jan blew them away on that St Etienne time trial by 3 mins :D , and seeing Virenque on the same time trial almost never sit in the saddle, Pantani on the Galibier in '98, doped, yet still great performances, what do we get now, Evans looking like he's passing a coconut :p

As a doping connisseur, I'm sure that the 1999 - 2005 vintage is more to your liking.

limerickman said:
As a doping connisseur, I'm sure that the 1999 - 2005 vintage is more to your liking.
Not enough positives ;) not like the 2006 & 1998 vintages.

limerickman said:
Apologies if I misconstrued you post.
No apologies necessary -- I can see the argument that I'm being inconsistent. I will acknowledge that I believe doping to be more prevalant than I previously thought. But I'm still adamant that regardless, so long as testing exists, then it should be the gatekeeper for who rides and who doesn't -- not some arbitrary decision by a biased entity.

I disagree with the premise that they should be allowed dope.
Most agree with you, and perhaps you are right. I think from my point of view, the organizers, federations, and press are as culpable as the riders in the way they are harming the sport -- but the former can simply yell "doper" to distract from their own ineptitude and smarminess. Legalizing doping would at least remove their perceived moral authority.

best to agree to disagree.

Agreed. ;)

The increased testing of targeted riders is having success exposing a few dopers. The GC leaders and stage winners are also getting tested, but from what I've read they are only doing a few spot checks on other riders. To be an effective deterrent, every rider needs to know that he will absolutely be tested.

I'd like to see AFLD make an announcement today that EVERYONE will be tested during the rest day on Monday. That should spark mass abandonments over the next few days by dirty riders afraid of getting caught now that they know the new 3rd gen EPO is detectable. Furthermore, any rider who abandons between now and Monday for any reason, except for an horrific crash requiring emergency evacuation, should be tested before leaving the Tour. Claimed fatigue, tendonitis, or back pain might prevent a rider from finishing the tour but it shouldn't prevent him from being able to pee in a cup.