Ricco to Quick Step

swampy1970

Feb 3, 2008
“We’ve done it! It was like giving birth but I’m back in big time cycling,” Riccò said in an interview with Gazzetta dello Sport.

I’ve signed a one-year contract with Quick Step and I’m sure I’ve done the right thing because Lefevere’s team is one of the top three or four in the sport and I can get back to riding the biggest races in the sport.”

Ceramica Flaminia Announces Riccò Contract Termination | Cyclingnews.com

Like giving birth aye? Grrrrr Grrrrrrrrrrrrnt Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrnt *plop* *splash*

Although he's convicted doper with modest regret (which, after this season with Basso and Vino, isn't major and unforgivable sin) and poor time trialist with modest chances in TDF's GC (top spot), I'm looking forward to seeing him on climbs in the Tour with untouchable Contador and A.Schleck. His presence could set The Duel on fire. Both of "the untouchables" could find themselves a useful ally in Ricco.
Maybe, with appropriate route, he could even challenge them.

Andrija said:
Although he's convicted doper with modest regret (which, after this season with Basso and Vino, isn't major and unforgivable sin) and poor time trialist with modest chances in TDF's GC (top spot), I'm looking forward to seeing him on climbs in the Tour with untouchable Contador and A.Schleck. His presence could set The Duel on fire. Both of "the untouchables" could find themselves a useful ally in Ricco.

I'm not a fan of Ricco. Quick Step are taking a huge risk hiring him, maybe it'll pay off.

steve said:
I'm not a fan of Ricco. Quick Step are taking a huge risk hiring him, maybe it'll pay off.
I'm not sure about QS's motives. They're Ricco's biggest team so far.
Giro could be Ricco's target, but Italy doesn't look like their (QS) market.
The Tour is the race where they want to be noted. And that's risky.
I'd like to believe that they're pointing out absurd of doping sanctions and current system with this acquisition.

Andrija said:

Yeah but.......can he climb without the juice?

Yojimbo_ said:
Yeah but.......can he climb without the juice?
In Austria he showed he still can climb. Whether it was with or without juice, I can't tell... Just assume. Like I can't tell for any rider with certainty.
I hope he learnt his lesson... Even if that means he learnt how to do it properly.

It'll be good to see Ricco back. Yeah he's a c**t but he's also an explosive climber who's idol is Pantani so that will do for me!