Rich is exposed!

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Indiana Mike Rice,

[...]
>> And I am sad to report that health complications have impacted
>> my riding these last two months :-( .

> ---> Do we live in a parallel universe? Since mi-August, I have
> suffered from acute bacterial prostates, which I attempted to treat
> with cranberry juice and numerous herbal alternatives to no avail.
> Generally I ride about the same number of miles on my upright that I do
> on my recumbent, but I had to dismount from the upright so as not to
> aggravate the condition. Yesterday I finally threw in the towel and
> went to the doctor. I'm taking Bactrim D/S (a double strength sufa
> drug). That worked well for me when I had this condition 4 1/2 years
> ago. Twice I have had a kidney stone, prostatitis and urniary tract
> infection all at the same time ... no fun at all. I wouldn't wish
> that on anyone ... well maybe one guy here, but I digress. It has been
> refreshing change of pace to have a pleasant discourse instead of
> engaging in cyber-warfare.

Not to get too far off the subject, but health problems have always
interested me greatly since I have had more than my share too.

I am convinced that riding an upright bike can cause all kinds of health
problems in the groin area. Bike saddles are murder on all the sensitive
tissues located there. I am not even altogether sure that Lance Armstrong
did not somehow contract his testicular cancer from riding his bike.

There have been many reports of penile numbness over the years from bike
riders and that is a sure sign to stop doing whatever it is that you are
doing. Most men will get an enlarged prostate with increasing age which will
impact the bladder function, but again I am not sure if riding an upright
bike does not make all these problems worse than they would otherwise be.

It cannot be right to sit on a bike saddle when it can cause so much misery
and pain, especially if done for prolonged periods of time. The recumbent
bike solves all groin problems as it is a seat and not a saddle. Once I
switched over permanently to a recumbent seat as opposed to a bike saddle, I
never had any more groin problems.

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Edward Dolan wrote:
> "Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> [...]
> > Note that I am NOT saying that Ed Gin is not the author of the HRS blog
> > and associated posts. I am merely pointing out that no one has PROVED
> > THE IDENTITY OF THE HRS blog author. I am defending the concept of
> > innocent until proven guilty (yes, I know it is an unpopular concept in
> > the 21st century United States) but one that is mandatory for a society
> > to be considered just.
> >
> > I am willing to further explain any of the above the [that] others have
> > trouble understanding.
> >
> > Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

> Mr. Sherman's sophistry fails because it does not persuade. On the other
> hand Joao DE Souza's modest presentation concerning the headers involved
> more than convinces.
>
> Same old score:
>
> Joao DE Souza = 100; Tom Sherman = 0.
>
> Ed Dolan - Minnesota
>
> PS. By the way, there are real courts and then there is the court of public
> opinion. The latter is what prevails here on ARBR. Try not to confuse the
> two.

Mr. Ed Dolan is obviously not aware that there are SEVERAL potential
candidates for being the HRS blog author. Mr. Ed Dolan does not need
to take my word for it, since Jim McNamara has implied as much, stating
that he thinks "it is a party of (at least) three."

--

Edward Dolan wrote:
> "Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> [...]
> > A lot of heat but no light - nowhere in the above is there refutation
> > of my position that accusations of authorship of the HRS blog are
> > OPINIONS, not FACTS. Until someone has proof of authorship, they should
> > qualify their accusations as opinions.

> The ARBR readership came to a conclusion about this mess long ago. It is
> only you who continues to have a reservation. That right there ought to tell
> you something, but it doesn't because you are stubborn and willful....

Or maybe I happen to know more about this subject than the 50%
percentile alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent reading ursine.

--

[email protected] (Jim McNamara) wrote:
> Tom,
>
> Well it's about time that you feel the heat. You should. Your terse
> response was little more than a convenient means for you to avoid
> addressing any issues raised. You are a master of the technique. As
> concerns refutation of your contention that ownership of the HRS blog
> is based on opinion rather than fact, I will agree that until proof of
> ownership of the blog is firmly established, it is a given that the
> readership can assume that accusations are opinions and not facts, but
> opinions nonetheless with an undeniable wealth of credible
> circumstantial evidence and as such opinions with some significant
> weight. I guess I will have to repeat a few things that Teflon Tom
> skirts over and over again.
>
> 1. FACT ... OPINION. How did you conveniently manage to miss the "in
> my opinion" and "I suspect" verbiage of mine? Did I ever emphatically
> state that something is a known and proven FACT? No, but I have
> indicated that there is a preponderance of circumstantial evidence that
> cannot and should not be ignored even though you would have us do so.

Stating an "opinion" about the HRS blog author's identity in this
context may as well be an accusation of fact. An equivalent example is
mentioning "Saddam Hussein" in conjunction with either "9-11-2001" or
"Al-Qaeda." It allows the aspersion to be cast, while allowing the
accuser to later deny than he or she even made the connection. It is
certainly a deliberately misleading technique to use, which is why I
WILL NOT post my beliefs as to who the authors of the HRS blog or
Johnny NoCom posts really are.

> 2. Offenses are not limited to the blog, but extend to objectionable
> posts both past and present ... posts that are obvious to all but you
> (Tom) to have originated from the same few sources.

There are multiple probable candidates for the authorship of the HRS
blog, the Johnny NoCom posts, and many of the other anonymous
anti-highracer/anti-Bacchetta/anti-BROL posts here on
alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent, the defunct Monkey Island message boards
and other online forums. Therefore, authorship of one does not
necessarily indicate authorship of the others, so that assumption
should not be made.

> 3. Offenses are not limited solely to the owner of the blog, but rather
> to all who participate by contributing to it.
>
> 4. The profiles of those involved and their distinctive, (readily
> recognizable) writing styles establishes their culpability and links
> the authors with their postings even though their specific identity is
> cowardly cloaked by a multitude of pseudonyms. If they were proud of
> what they do and if they had the courage to reveal their true identity,
> they would use their real names and real email addresses, but they are
> neither proud nor courageous. Surely you will not address this issue
> for there is no room for argument, so don't even give me any nonsense
> about there being a good reason for obscurity when you find no reason
> to do so and their reason is so obvious that it needn't even be
> mentioned.

To the contrary, there are some who might well indeed extend
retaliation to means beyond the written word. I am aware of several
cases (although not involving highracers/Bacchetta/BROL) where this has
occurred. True freedom of speech is usually more a theoretical concept
than reality.

> 5. Despite you assertion to the contrary, I didn't accuse Ed of
> authorship of the blog, but there is no doubt in my mind regarding his
> active participation in the blog or in his authorship of past and
> present objectionable posts and this is an OPINION that is shared by
> most here regardless of your drum beating about FACTS. Your logic
> reads much like this. If you enter a room and lying on the floor is a
> person dead from a gunshot wound and a person is standing over the body
> holding a gun that is later found to have been purchased by and
> registered in his name. IN his pocket is found a receipt for recently
> purchased bullets and the open box, on the table, just happens to have
> the same number of bullets missing that were chambered in the gun,
> there still remains sufficient reason to consider that the person found
> holding the gun was not the murderer simply because the preponderance
> of evidence is purely circumstantial since the event was not captured
> on videotape. Sorry, but I just buy your line of reasoning.

The above criteria are certainly grounds to further investigate that
particular individual, but do not constitute proof of murder.

> 6. You persist in your inability to recognize that the circumstantial
> evidence as formidable and telling. You also persist in your
> unwillingness to condemn the nameless perpetrators who are responsible.
> Why is that? Is it because if those responsible are ever identified,
> that you know you that could very well have condemned those with whom
> you are associated and allied?

Parody of public figures is accepted in advanced societies. Note that I
did post criticisms of the HRS blog in the two cases where people who
clearly are not public figures (I can state this with certainty since I
have met both these individuals) were objects of the parody.

> 7. Personally, it is my opinion (I know you're fond of that word) that
> even you have little doubt as to who the culprits are. You as much as
> said so when you indicated that we would likely produce similar lists
> assuming of course that your convictions did not have you constrained
> from doing so. Here's a concept. How about this? We could both
> produce our lists with an appropriate escape clauses that our lists are
> not to be misconstrued as FACT since they are OPINIONS substantiated
> only by overwhelming circumstantial evidence. Then we could compare
> notes. You game? We could even do so in a private email if you don't
> want to go public.

See my first paragraph in this post.

> 8. From my perspective, you have sheltered the nameless guilty parties,
> in a feigned defense of freedom of speech, innocent until proven guilty
> and harmless parody/satire. Freedom of speech does not entitle one to
> say anything and everything, like screaming fire in a theater. Oh
> sure, one can say scandalous things for sure, but need I remind you
> that the courts are packed full of libel suits. Frankly, I hope this
> **** ends up in a courtroom so you will at long last have the proof
> that you demand ... proof that no one else here seems to require.
> Innocent until proven guilty is hard to quibble over, but the
> accumulated circumstantial evidence leaves only a shadow of a doubt and
> the blog and posts, both past and present, are way beyond parody,
> satire or even that which is commonly considered acceptable (read
> within the bounds of good taste) ... agreed?

See what I said above about the distinction between public and private
individuals (and the US Supreme Court agrees).

> 9. To Tom's credit, he at least gave me kudos for tenacity and
> determination. You are right Tom, I'll stick around and argue the
> point as long as I feel that there is a point to argue over and it is
> worthwhile to do so although admittedly this can become tiring quite
> quickly. When an impasse is reached, however, and we can only agree to
> disagree, I will likely just call it ... done and over with and move
> on....

Where is Rich Pinto? Mr. Pinto accused me of being "illogical" and
"delusional" but refused to back up his argument with facts and logic.
Mr. Pinto also has yet to back up his accusation that Ed Gin is a
"pathological liar".

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

"Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Edward Dolan wrote:
>> "Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> [...]
>> > Note that I am NOT saying that Ed Gin is not the author of the HRS blog
>> > and associated posts. I am merely pointing out that no one has PROVED
>> > THE IDENTITY OF THE HRS blog author. I am defending the concept of
>> > innocent until proven guilty (yes, I know it is an unpopular concept in
>> > the 21st century United States) but one that is mandatory for a society
>> > to be considered just.
>> >
>> > I am willing to further explain any of the above the [that] others have
>> > trouble understanding.
>> >
>> > Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

>> Mr. Sherman's sophistry fails because it does not persuade. On the other
>> hand Joao DE Souza's modest presentation concerning the headers involved
>> more than convinces.
>>
>> Same old score:
>>
>> Joao DE Souza = 100; Tom Sherman = 0.
>>
>> Ed Dolan - Minnesota
>>
>> PS. By the way, there are real courts and then there is the court of
>> public
>> opinion. The latter is what prevails here on ARBR. Try not to confuse the
>> two.

> Mr. Ed Dolan is obviously not aware that there are SEVERAL potential
> candidates for being the HRS blog author. Mr. Ed Dolan does not need
> to take my word for it, since Jim McNamara has implied as much, stating
> that he thinks "it is a party of (at least) three."
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

Truth to tell, I have not even looked at the blog in question nor do I ever
intend to. I am only commenting on what is being said here on ARBR.

I regard Usenet as an infinitely higher forum than a blog, no matter who is
the author of the blog. My feeling about blogs is that you should get
someone to pay you for your writing at which point you will be a journalist
or commentator with some credentials. If you are just writing without being
paid, then why would anyone bother to read you. Either become a proper
writer or forget about it.

The foregoing does not apply to Usenet of course which was set up for
amateur correspondence. It is also the reason why Usenet should not be taken
too seriously, but at least we are not pretending to be something that we
are not.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

"Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[...]
> Where is Rich Pinto? Mr. Pinto accused me of being "illogical" and
> "delusional" but refused to back up his argument with facts and logic.
> Mr. Pinto also has yet to back up his accusation that Ed Gin is a
> "pathological liar".
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

Mr. Rich Pinto is a genius in my opinion and has hit the nail squarely on
the head. Mr. Sherman IS illogical and delusional when it comes to Ed Gin
and Ed Gin IS many times worse that a pathological liar. He forges names and
addresses among his many other misdeeds.

But Hey! Hang in there with your defense of the indefensible. The rest of us
are enjoying you making a spectacle of yourself. One thing is for certain:
none of us are going to have any sympathy for you when Ed Gin turns on you,
which he surely will do because he is as crazy as a hoot owl.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Mr. Ed. Dolan wrote:
> "Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> [...]
> > Where is Rich Pinto? Mr. Pinto accused me of being "illogical" and
> > "delusional" but refused to back up his argument with facts and logic.
> > Mr. Pinto also has yet to back up his accusation that Ed Gin is a
> > "pathological liar".
> >

> Mr. Rich Pinto is a genius in my opinion and has hit the nail squarely on
> the head. Mr. Sherman IS illogical and delusional when it comes to Ed Gin
> and Ed Gin IS many times worse that a pathological liar. He forges names and
> addresses among his many other misdeeds.

The fact remains that Mr. Pinto tossed out accusations, but has yet to
back them up. Mr. Ed. Dolan is following this example (stating opinion
as fact).

> But Hey! Hang in there with your defense of the indefensible. The rest of us
> are enjoying you making a spectacle of yourself. One thing is for certain:
> none of us are going to have any sympathy for you when Ed Gin turns on you,
> which he surely will do because he is as crazy as a hoot owl.

Please provide references (and the credentials of the ornithologists)
stating the prevalence of insanity among Strix varia.

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

Edward Dolan wrote:

so now its "Edward Dolan." This requires a new filter expression.
--
Michael J. Klein & Asian Castings Consortium
[email protected]

"Michael J. Klein" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Edward Dolan wrote:
>
> so now its "Edward Dolan." This requires a new filter expression.
> --
> Michael J. Klein & Asian Castings Consortium
> [email protected]
> Yangmei Jen (Hukou), Taoyuan Hsien, Taiwan, ROC

Here is Michael, all the way from Taiwan, again posting a message which only
I will be able to decipher.

I urge Michael to put his brain into gear before he posts to ARBR. We are an
elite group here and we demand intelligence above all else. For examples of
how to post, please see my many posts and also those of Tom Sherman.
However, do not follow him on his footnote fetish. He is unintelligent on
that particular issue. No, for best results, you should follow only yours
truly, Edward Dolan.

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 23:20:56 -0600, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"Michael J. Klein" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Edward Dolan wrote:
>>
>> so now its "Edward Dolan." This requires a new filter expression.
>> --
>> Michael J. Klein & Asian Castings Consortium
>> [email protected]
>> Yangmei Jen (Hukou), Taoyuan Hsien, Taiwan, ROC

>Here is Michael, all the way from Taiwan, again posting a message which only
>I will be able to decipher.
>
>I urge Michael to put his brain into gear before he posts to ARBR. We are an
>elite group here and we demand intelligence above all else. For examples of
>how to post, please see my many posts and also those of Tom Sherman.
>However, do not follow him on his footnote fetish. He is unintelligent on
>that particular issue. No, for best results, you should follow only yours
>truly, Edward Dolan.
>
>Regards,
>
>Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Forgive me, oh Great one, for my insolence. I thought I understood his
post.

Although I found it odd that his filtering seems to be based on
signature lines. Most irregular.

Your messages still appear to be authored by 'Ed Dolan' when I
retrieve headers, just the same as ever (at least up until that 5th
and final farewell fisaco).

Indiana Mike

"Mike Rice" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 23:20:56 -0600, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>"Michael J. Klein" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>> Edward Dolan wrote:
>>>
>>> so now its "Edward Dolan." This requires a new filter expression.
>>> --
>>> Michael J. Klein & Asian Castings Consortium
>>> [email protected]
>>> Yangmei Jen (Hukou), Taoyuan Hsien, Taiwan, ROC

>>Here is Michael, all the way from Taiwan, again posting a message which
>>only
>>I will be able to decipher.
>>
>>I urge Michael to put his brain into gear before he posts to ARBR. We are
>>an
>>elite group here and we demand intelligence above all else. For examples
>>of
>>how to post, please see my many posts and also those of Tom Sherman.
>>However, do not follow him on his footnote fetish. He is unintelligent on
>>that particular issue. No, for best results, you should follow only yours
>>truly, Edward Dolan.
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Ed Dolan - Minnesota
>>

> Forgive me, oh Great one, for my insolence. I thought I understood his
> post.
>
> Although I found it odd that his filtering seems to be based on
> signature lines. Most irregular.
>
> Your messages still appear to be authored by 'Ed Dolan' when I
> retrieve headers, just the same as ever (at least up until that 5th
> and final farewell fisaco).
>
> Indiana Mike

Mike, it may be that different newsreaders display headers differently. I
have always seen my header in my OE newsreader as Edward Dolan, even though
I sign off as Ed Dolan.

My problem with Michael of Taiwan is that he all he ever writes about to
ARBR is that he is kill filing me when what I want to hear about is the
world's tallest skyscraper. I mean how does it appear in the cityscape of
Taipei? Do the esthetes of Taipei approve of it or not? Does it blend or
does it stand out like a sore thumb like the World Trade Center did in New
York City before the Muslim terrorists did the entire world a favor by
blowing that atrocity to kingdom come.

Anyone here but me notice how the New York City skyline has now been
improved 100% now that the execrable World Trade Center buildings no longer
disgrace the skyline. Those old movies from the 1940's that showed the lower
Manhattan skyline were just too perfect for it ever to have lasted. The iron
law of life is that nothing good ever lasts and everything terrible goes on
forever (unless the Muslim terrorists intervene of course). Thus spake
Zarathustra!

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 15:29:51 -0600, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]>
wrote:

<snip>

I stand corrected. Your headers show up as Edward Dolan in my Agent
newsreader as well.

>Mike, it may be that different newsreaders display headers differently. I
>have always seen my header in my OE newsreader as Edward Dolan, even though
>I sign off as Ed Dolan.
>
>My problem with Michael of Taiwan is that he all he ever writes about to
>ARBR is that he is kill filing me when what I want to hear about is the
>world's tallest skyscraper. I mean how does it appear in the cityscape of
>Taipei? Do the esthetes of Taipei approve of it or not? Does it blend or
>does it stand out like a sore thumb like the World Trade Center did in New
>York City before the Muslim terrorists did the entire world a favor by
>blowing that atrocity to kingdom come.

As long as you have a problem I guess all is not completely wrong with
the world.

>Anyone here but me notice how the New York City skyline has now been
>improved 100% now that the execrable World Trade Center buildings no longer
>disgrace the skyline. Those old movies from the 1940's that showed the lower
>Manhattan skyline were just too perfect for it ever to have lasted. The iron
>law of life is that nothing good ever lasts and everything terrible goes on
>forever (unless the Muslim terrorists intervene of course). Thus spake
>Zarathustra!
>
>Regards,
>
>Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Your switch from stinkbait to finess tactics is appreciated ;-) .

Indiana Mike

"Mike Rice" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 15:29:51 -0600, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]>
> wrote:

[...]
>>My problem with Michael of Taiwan is that he all he ever writes about to
>>ARBR is that he is kill filing me when what I want to hear about is the
>>world's tallest skyscraper. I mean how does it appear in the cityscape of
>>Taipei? Do the esthetes of Taipei approve of it or not? Does it blend or
>>does it stand out like a sore thumb like the World Trade Center did in New
>>York City before the Muslim terrorists did the entire world a favor by
>>blowing that atrocity to kingdom come.

> As long as you have a problem I guess all is not completely wrong with
> the world.

It is not easy to get a rise out of this newsgroup. I try my best by doing
ye olde curmudgeon bit. But still, I have to say outrageous things to just
get some attention. I wonder where Jeff Grippe went? He was if nothing else
grist for my mill.

>>Anyone here but me notice how the New York City skyline has now been
>>improved 100% now that the execrable World Trade Center buildings no
>>longer
>>disgrace the skyline. Those old movies from the 1940's that showed the
>>lower
>>Manhattan skyline were just too perfect for it ever to have lasted. The
>>iron
>>law of life is that nothing good ever lasts and everything terrible goes
>>on
>>forever (unless the Muslim terrorists intervene of course). Thus spake
>>Zarathustra!
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Ed Dolan - Minnesota
>>

> Your switch from stinkbait to finess tactics is appreciated ;-) .

Yes, but do you agree with me that the NYC skyline has been improved by the
removal of the World Trade Center buildings? Or am I the only person in the
world who looks at city skylines?

By the way, I have always thought that the San Francisco and the Seattle
city skylines are not bad. Most city skylines have been ruined by out of
scale skyscrapers. The Indianapolis city skyline like the Minneapolis city
skyline is a mess. Harmony and proportion is everything in city skylines as
in life.

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

"Mike Rice" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[...]
> This seems to be the situation. Your near endless repition is a
> monument to your basic disagreement. At least when Ed Dolan trolls
> there is usually some humour to brighten the load.

Actually Mike, there is no trolling going on in this dialogue between Jim
and Tom. With me, I must admit, you never know for sure. Sometimes I think I
am trolling myself more than anyone else.

In order to get Tom focused it is often quite necessary to hammer away.
Otherwise he slips and slides away from you like the slippery eel that he
is. I admire Jim for his tenacity and his energy. I could never do what he
does as I am way too lazy. Besides, I learned long ago that it is no good
beating a dead horse like Tom Sherman. I don't believe he has ever once
admitted to being wrong about anything. I think if he did the foundations of
the universe would crumble.
[...]

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

PS. Mike, are you English or Canadian? I note your spelling of humor as
humour.

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 17:08:15 -0600, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"Mike Rice" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>[...]
>> This seems to be the situation. Your near endless repition is a
>> monument to your basic disagreement. At least when Ed Dolan trolls
>> there is usually some humour to brighten the load.

>Actually Mike, there is no trolling going on in this dialogue between Jim
>and Tom. With me, I must admit, you never know for sure. Sometimes I think I
>am trolling myself more than anyone else.

While it may have seemed that I implied hook and line tactics in this
dialogue, careful reading should reveal I only refered to admitted
behaviour.

>In order to get Tom focused it is often quite necessary to hammer away.
>Otherwise he slips and slides away from you like the slippery eel that he
>is. I admire Jim for his tenacity and his energy. I could never do what he
>does as I am way too lazy. Besides, I learned long ago that it is no good
>beating a dead horse like Tom Sherman. I don't believe he has ever once
>admitted to being wrong about anything. I think if he did the foundations of
>the universe would crumble.
>[...]
>
>Regards,
>
>Ed Dolan - Minnesota
>
>PS. Mike, are you English or Canadian? I note your spelling of humor as
>humour.

As I knew you would. Excepting the case of an obvious typo it is
generally a safe assumption that any mispellings in my posts are for
your ed-ifcation.

And I believe you know where I am from.

Indiana Mike

Edward Dolan wrote:
> Anyone here but me notice how the New York City skyline has now been
> improved 100% now that the execrable World Trade Center buildings no longer
> disgrace the skyline. Those old movies from the 1940's that showed the lower
> Manhattan skyline were just too perfect for it ever to have lasted....

Here is the proposed replacement for WTC 1 and 2:
<http://www.renewnyc.com/plan_des_dev/wtc_site/new_design_plans/freedom_tower/default.asp>.

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 16:45:19 -0600, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]>
wrote:
<snip>

>Yes, but do you agree with me that the NYC skyline has been improved by the
>removal of the World Trade Center buildings? Or am I the only person in the
>world who looks at city skylines?
>
>By the way, I have always thought that the San Francisco and the Seattle
>city skylines are not bad. Most city skylines have been ruined by out of
>scale skyscrapers. The Indianapolis city skyline like the Minneapolis city
>skyline is a mess. Harmony and proportion is everything in city skylines as
>in life.
>
>Regards,
>
>Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Can't say I've put much thought into the effect on the skyline, Ed.
Like most in this country I notice what is gone more than what is
left, at least in this case.

As for Minneapolis and Indianapolis I have to agree, Both look like a
squashed in version of a major city leaking ssprawl.

I grew up a half hour from Chicago, and have always enjoyed the
lakefront skyline there.

Side story...there is a mexican restaraunt in Indianapolis
(surprised?). No that's not the story. The founder of said restaraunt
was making his way from old Mexico to Minneapolis, where he had
relatives. His English, not so good, when poeple asked him where he
was bound his reply sounded something like 'Neeapolis'. So when his
transport made the Indianapolis stop, he was told 'Here you are!' and
given the boot. I imagine he eventually made contact with his more
northerly relations, but he did stick down here, his eatery is
festooned with old glory, and does a nice business, thank you very
much.

Indiana Mike

On 5 Dec 2005 17:16:18 -0800, [email protected] wrote:

>I was parroting what these buffoons
>said of me as an example of just how far these depraved individuals are
>willing to go. Now do you understand?

Jim,

I never gave much of a look at that blog, just one quick glance was
more than it deserved. Are you saying that you are one of the poeple
being attacked over there?

No wonder you are so upset.

Sorry,

Indiana Mike

On 5 Dec 2005 17:43:05 -0800, "Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Discussing this over private email would be pointless, since the crux
>of the matter revolves over voicing suspicions and/or accusations in
>this public forum.

This was the point I was trying to make.

Thanks for stating it clearly.

Indiana Mike

Mike Rice wrote:
> On 5 Dec 2005 17:16:18 -0800, [email protected] wrote:
>
> >I was parroting what these buffoons
> >said of me as an example of just how far these depraved individuals are
> >willing to go. Now do you understand?
> >

> Jim,
>
> I never gave much of a look at that blog, just one quick glance was
> more than it deserved. Are you saying that you are one of the poeple
> being attacked over there?
>
> No wonder you are so upset.
>
> Sorry,

The HRS blog did not refer to Jim McNamara in a derogatory manner, but
this recent post did:
<http://groups.google.com/group/alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent/msg/3034748f582d05c4?dmode=source&hl=en>.

Jim McNamara is likely also be referring to this past post by "Johnny
NoCom":
<http://groups.google.com/group/alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent/msg/8e465e8932cd2e13?dmode=source>.

It appears that Jim McNamara believes that the same person(s) is (are)
behind both "Johnny NoCom" and the HRS blog.

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley