General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Rich Walnut Fudge Brownies

Started by Dkra · · Last activity · 1 post · 412 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
20 January 2004
Last activity
20 January 2004
Original author
Dkra
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
412
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. x-no-archive: yes

    Nice, fudgy, nutty brownies, from
    cooksrecipes.comrich walnut fudge brownies recipe.html (there are many, many brownie
    recipes there)

    ********************

    Rich Walnut Fudge Brownies

    3 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened baking chocolate[1]
    1/2 cup butter 1 cup granulated sugar
    2/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
    3/3 cup all-purpose flour
    4/2 teaspoon baking powder 2 large eggs[2] 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 1/2 cups walnuts, chopped

    5. Preheat oven to 350*F.
    6. In the top of a double boiler, melt baking chocolate[3] over boiling water. Stir until smooth
    then remove from the heat.
    7. Combine flour and baking powder. Add eggs and vanilla to the cooled chocolate mixture. Stir
    into the flour mixture until just combined. Stir in chopped walnuts.
    8. Pour the batter into greased 8 x 8-inch square pan and spread evenly.
    9. Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes, or until the center is set. Cool on a wire rack.

    Makes 16 bars.

    ********************
    [10] I used four (4) oz. chocolate. It was Ghirardelli Unsweetened, and I was very pleased with the
    results. The second time I used Callebaut (chopped and weighed on my wimpy little letter
    scale). I think I need a new kitchen scale; the second batch wasn't quite as chocolately,
    although I swear I did weigh out four ounces of chocolate.
    [11] I added 1/8 teaspoon of salt to the beaten eggs.
    [12] They might have failed to add here, "melt chocolate and butter together" and then cool
    the mixture.

    Estimated calories: 262 per bar.

    -- dkra

    --
    dkraatmmiiidotixdotnetcomdotcom [Subtract two thousand and (one plus two), plus the "." of course.]

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.