Richard Sachs 1995 Road Bike 55cm. Exc. cond. $1,900/b.o.

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace' started by Davie Doodle, May 29, 2004.

  1. Davie Doodle

    Davie Doodle Guest

    This is a bike I never thought I would sell. But we are trying to
    raise money to finish building our house in Ireland so many things
    must leave my life. It is with great reluctance that I sell this bike.
    I am asking for $1,900 + shipping.
    It is a Richard Sachs hand-made bike from about 1995. Everything about
    it is in excellent condition. I never raced this bike and really doubt
    that it has over 1,000 miles on it. The measurements are: seat-tube
    and top-tube are 55c-c. It is quite comfortable for longer rides as
    well as for criterium racing. The ride is legendary. Sachs is probably
    the premier bicycle maker alive today, whose work is on a par with the
    greats: Legnano, Masi, Cinelli, etc. Just ask Grant Peterson, of
    Rivendell. You can go here for details on the building and painting
    of a Sach's bike: www.campyonly.com/joebell/painting_steps.html, or
    www.richardsachs.com.
    The bike is equipped with all-Campagnolo: Ergo Record 8-speed titanium
    that works flawlessly. The stem is Cinelli titanium Grammo, the bars
    are Cinelli Forma ergo, seat-post is Campy "Air." It is equipped with
    a Trek Radar cyclo-computer. The bike will come with Time pedals and
    Richard's custom red leather seat and two water bottle holders. The
    rims are straight and true, the tires are good, the bike has never
    been dropped.
    The paint is Sach's classic red and white, by the Leonardo of
    bike-painting, Joe Bell. He now gets over $500 to paint a frame. The
    tubing was once Sach's choice of tubing, True Temper
    double-butted—easily the equal of Reynolds. But the True Temper
    company was a pain to deal with, he said, as a small custom
    bike-builder.
    The paint is gorgeous. There are some small chips to the paint (from
    my garage) but no dings or dents. The decals are all very good since
    they are over-coated clear. I don't know what else to say about this
    bike. A new Sachs' frame is more than $2,000. The complete bike would
    be over $4,000. I will be happy to guarantee it. Please do ask for
    pictures since I have a bunch to send. You can call me if you want to,
    at 603 224-4553. Thanks and happy riding. David
    ..

    Tags:

  2. Davie Doodle

    Davie Doodle Guest

    PRICE REDUCED TO $1,500. I NEED TO SELL THE BIKE. I WILL NOT ACCEPT
    OFFERS FROM ABROAD HAVING TO DO WITH OVERDRAFT CASHIER'S CHECK OR
    WESTERN UNION. ALL CHECKS MUST CLEAR BEFORE I SHIP. THANKS...