Richard Sachs 1995 Road Bike 55cm. Exc. cond. $1,900/b.o.

Davie Doodle

Guest
This is a bike I never thought I would sell. But we are trying to
raise money to finish building our house in Ireland so many things
must leave my life. It is with great reluctance that I sell this bike.
I am asking for $1,900 + shipping.
It is a Richard Sachs hand-made bike from about 1995. Everything about
it is in excellent condition. I never raced this bike and really doubt
that it has over 1,000 miles on it. The measurements are: seat-tube
and top-tube are 55c-c. It is quite comfortable for longer rides as
well as for criterium racing. The ride is legendary. Sachs is probably
the premier bicycle maker alive today, whose work is on a par with the
greats: Legnano, Masi, Cinelli, etc. Just ask Grant Peterson, of
Rivendell. You can go here for details on the building and painting
of a Sach's bike: www.campyonly.com/joebell/painting_steps.html, or
www.richardsachs.com.
The bike is equipped with all-Campagnolo: Ergo Record 8-speed titanium
that works flawlessly. The stem is Cinelli titanium Grammo, the bars
are Cinelli Forma ergo, seat-post is Campy "Air." It is equipped with
a Trek Radar cyclo-computer. The bike will come with Time pedals and
Richard's custom red leather seat and two water bottle holders. The
rims are straight and true, the tires are good, the bike has never
been dropped.
The paint is Sach's classic red and white, by the Leonardo of
bike-painting, Joe Bell. He now gets over $500 to paint a frame. The
tubing was once Sach's choice of tubing, True Temper
double-butted—easily the equal of Reynolds. But the True Temper
company was a pain to deal with, he said, as a small custom
bike-builder.
The paint is gorgeous. There are some small chips to the paint (from
my garage) but no dings or dents. The decals are all very good since
they are over-coated clear. I don't know what else to say about this
bike. A new Sachs' frame is more than $2,000. The complete bike would
be over $4,000. I will be happy to guarantee it. Please do ask for
pictures since I have a bunch to send. You can call me if you want to,
at 603 224-4553. Thanks and happy riding. David
..

PRICE REDUCED TO $1,500. I NEED TO SELL THE BIKE. I WILL NOT ACCEPT
OFFERS FROM ABROAD HAVING TO DO WITH OVERDRAFT CASHIER'S CHECK OR
WESTERN UNION. ALL CHECKS MUST CLEAR BEFORE I SHIP. THANKS...