Ricki Riccio dopers delight

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by thunder, Jul 18, 2008.

1. thunder

thunder New Member

Jerome Pineau:

Tags:

2. thoughtforfood

thoughtforfood New Member

Barlowold...isolated? The guy had a jungle gym of transfusion equipment from the sound of it. I am sure that his team just thought it was some wacky contraption for cooking him an egg in the morning.

3. Bro Deal

Bro Deal New Member

:eek: They say that the only way to get caught is to make a mistake or be stupid. It's obvious which of the two categories Riccos falls into.

4. adamastor

adamastor New Member

If it had been organised, needles wouldn't be found in his room, would they? How "organised" is that?

5. TheDarkLord

TheDarkLord New Member

But he couldn't possibly be thinking of using all the equipment on his own, right? He has to have some co-conspirators. Whether that is someone in the team, or whether it is someone from outside is the question.

6. thoughtforfood

(no sarcasm) Where else would they keep the needles? Closer to the patient means less transportation, etc. I don't think you are making a compelling argument.

7. Capt.Injury

Capt.Injury New Member

IRead someplace that Corti mentioned that Duenas has confessed to doping alone, spending 2000 euros on the products from a doctor, I believe maybe i read it on Cyclingnews

8. thoughtforfood

Possibly, but hooking up to a bag of blood is not exactly something you can easily do without others noticing. I guess I am still suspicious of Soler last year, and wonder if there isn't a more organized effort on the teams part.

I for one have never bought into the idea that it is the riders alone. I believe the DS's and other support staff were/are complicit in the doping. It is too rampant for them to not to be involved in my opinion....not to mention that many are former riders who have admitted or had a reputation for doping...

9. Bro Deal

Bro Deal New Member

I think the inital reports of blood transfusion equipment were wrong. It sounds like they found stuff to do I.V.s, possibly to lower his hematocrit or for recovery.

10. ilpirata

ilpirata New Member

I like to give people the benifit of the doubt generally, however Riccó after first saying he was innocent has recently added 'he believes anyway that the test cannot be 100% accurate.' That is not a statement someone would make who knows he is innocent. What is more, he is reported to have said with regard to other cyclists who have intensely criticised him, "In there shoes I would have not done the same thing, after all they may not be virgins themselves". Another statement a clean rider would not be expected to make

11. longfemur

longfemur New Member

You know, I may be misinformed or naive or something, but having been on EPO myself in the past for prescribed, medical reasons, I find it extremely hard to believe that any case of EPO use within a pro cycling team could be an isolated case rather than a team organized or at least a team tolerated one. It seems very unlikely to me. For one thing, not counting the procurement problems and the need for blood tests, even a very simple matter like the fact that EPO has to be kept refrigerated or on ice at all times would make it a very hard secret to keep in a team kind of setting.

12. poulidor

poulidor New Member

SD riders have signed an open letter where they said that they are clean, they are denying management wrongdoing and they feel tarnished by some of them.
    Some riders have not signed it. Who are they ? :D

13. thoughtforfood

..yea, that Cobo signiture holds a lot of weight...

14. poulidor

poulidor New Member

15. whiteboytrash

whiteboytrash New Member

Ricco affirme avoir reçu des "injections de vitamines"

16. ilpirata

ilpirata New Member

17. whiteboytrash

whiteboytrash New Member

Let it go ilpirata. He was a doper.

18. Cobblestones

Cobblestones New Member

Actually, this does make sense. He won 2 stages and he absolutely positively must have been aware that he was going to be tested on those days. He must also know that the 3rd generation EPO stays in the body for so much longer (throughout the tour in fact, which is the whole point). I think he felt perfectly safe. Why should he run then from a random test (unless he realized that he left the testosterone patch on for too long during the night).

19. ilpirata

ilpirata New Member

WBT I have posted in this thread earlier that some of Riccó reported statements do not sound like those of an innocent man. Scroll back one page.

[/QUOTE] whiteboytrash]Let it go ilpirata. He was a doper.[/QUOTE]

20. doctorSpoc

doctorSpoc New Member

looks like CERA itself was as undetectable as originally thought...

but it was revealed today that Roche (the manufacture of CERA) put a chemical in the product that could be detected and would reveal improper use.

this makes a lot of sense since from every thing i've read it should have been the perfect undetectable dope... the molecule is too big to pass through into the urine so i was wondering how in the hell the could have possibly detected something that couldn't possibly be there. but they didn't.. they detected this other sort of flagging substance that was put in there... these guys aren't as dumb as they look

High-tech development caught Riccò