Riddle me this

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Bd, May 8, 2003.

  1. Bd

    Bd Guest

    I'm looking for a "new" 7 speed Shimano freewheel to go with my aging 600 Ultegra set up. I've
    ridden a bunch of miles on my current rig and just want to get a new freewheel b/c of the wear.

    So... first of all, where to shop for "vintage" 7sp Shimano stuff and, secondly, how to make sure
    that the 7 sp stuff I find will be compatible?

    Thanks

    Tags:

  2. Mike S.

    Mike S. Guest

    "BD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I'm looking for a "new" 7 speed Shimano freewheel to go with my aging 600 Ultegra set up. I've
    > ridden a bunch of miles on my current rig and just
    want
    > to get a new freewheel b/c of the wear.
    >
    > So... first of all, where to shop for "vintage" 7sp Shimano stuff and, secondly, how to make sure
    > that the 7 sp stuff I find will be compatible?
    >
    > Thanks

    As long as you're not buying old Suntour freewheels, you should be OK. Sachs FWs work well with 7sp
    Shimano. So do their 8sp FWs for that matter.

    Mike

  3. On Thu, 8 May 2003 21:22:45 +0200, "BD" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I'm looking for a "new" 7 speed Shimano freewheel to go with my aging 600 Ultegra set up. I've
    >ridden a bunch of miles on my current rig and just want to get a new freewheel b/c of the wear.
    >
    >So... first of all, where to shop for "vintage" 7sp Shimano stuff and, secondly, how to make sure
    >that the 7 sp stuff I find will be compatible?
    >
    >Thanks

    7 speed freewheels are plentiful and cheaply available. Sheldon has a good selection.
    http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/freewheels.html#7

    Bob

  4. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "BD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I'm looking for a "new" 7 speed Shimano freewheel to go with my aging 600 Ultegra set up. I've
    > ridden a bunch of miles on my current rig and just
    want
    > to get a new freewheel b/c of the wear.
    >
    > So... first of all, where to shop for "vintage" 7sp Shimano stuff and, secondly, how to make sure
    > that the 7 sp stuff I find will be compatible?

    Why buy vintage? Shimano curently produces 28t low 7sp (and some lower), SunRace has their nice
    13~24t in addition to the low geared stuff. None are expensive at all. See any competent LBS which
    services bicycles.

  5. brisovo-<< I'm looking for a "new" 7 speed Shimano freewheel to go with my aging 600 Ultegra set up.
    I've ridden a bunch of miles on my current rig and just want to get a new freewheel b/c of the wear.
    >><BR><BR>

    We have 7s DA freewheels in13/23 and 13/26, new in the box and compatible with 78s shimano
    600 stuff-