Riddle me this

Bd

Guest
I'm looking for a "new" 7 speed Shimano freewheel to go with my aging 600 Ultegra set up. I've
ridden a bunch of miles on my current rig and just want to get a new freewheel b/c of the wear.

So... first of all, where to shop for "vintage" 7sp Shimano stuff and, secondly, how to make sure
that the 7 sp stuff I find will be compatible?

Thanks

"BD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I'm looking for a "new" 7 speed Shimano freewheel to go with my aging 600 Ultegra set up. I've
> ridden a bunch of miles on my current rig and just
want
> to get a new freewheel b/c of the wear.
>
> So... first of all, where to shop for "vintage" 7sp Shimano stuff and, secondly, how to make sure
> that the 7 sp stuff I find will be compatible?
>
> Thanks

As long as you're not buying old Suntour freewheels, you should be OK. Sachs FWs work well with 7sp
Shimano. So do their 8sp FWs for that matter.

Mike

On Thu, 8 May 2003 21:22:45 +0200, "BD" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I'm looking for a "new" 7 speed Shimano freewheel to go with my aging 600 Ultegra set up. I've
>ridden a bunch of miles on my current rig and just want to get a new freewheel b/c of the wear.
>
>So... first of all, where to shop for "vintage" 7sp Shimano stuff and, secondly, how to make sure
>that the 7 sp stuff I find will be compatible?
>
>Thanks

7 speed freewheels are plentiful and cheaply available. Sheldon has a good selection.
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/freewheels.html#7

Bob

"BD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I'm looking for a "new" 7 speed Shimano freewheel to go with my aging 600 Ultegra set up. I've
> ridden a bunch of miles on my current rig and just
want
> to get a new freewheel b/c of the wear.
>
> So... first of all, where to shop for "vintage" 7sp Shimano stuff and, secondly, how to make sure
> that the 7 sp stuff I find will be compatible?

Why buy vintage? Shimano curently produces 28t low 7sp (and some lower), SunRace has their nice
13~24t in addition to the low geared stuff. None are expensive at all. See any competent LBS which
services bicycles.

brisovo-<< I'm looking for a "new" 7 speed Shimano freewheel to go with my aging 600 Ultegra set up.
I've ridden a bunch of miles on my current rig and just want to get a new freewheel b/c of the wear.
>><BR><BR>

We have 7s DA freewheels in13/23 and 13/26, new in the box and compatible with 78s shimano
600 stuff-