Ride an SUB not an SUV

"Amy Blankenship" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "George Conklin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "donquijote1954" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> <please learn to snip>
>
> >> Sprawl Costs Us All
> >>
> >> Many people think that sprawl (or scattered growth) is an inevitable
> >> result of an economic system that demands lower costs and efficiency.
> >> But this is a myth: sprawl development costs more than careful
> >> planning and development.
> >>
> >> "Sprawl is cheaper for developers than careful planning because they
> >> can pass much of the cost on to taxpayers. The real cost of sprawl is
> >> dispersed through a range of other costs that we, as citizens and
> >> consumers, have to pay."
> >>
> >> http://www.smartergrowth.net/issues/landuse/sprawl/costofsprawl.htm
> >>

> > Smart Growth is based on a lie, but a useful one to get the taxpayer to
> > pay
> > for a developer's schemes.

> All developers try to get other people (especially taxpayers) to pay for

as
> much of what they are building as they can. This is not unique to any one
> school of thought. Smart Growth is just a convenient label, both for
> developers and critics, because it is the only school of thought that has

> name.

Label pasting is not progress.

"Amy Blankenship" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > donquijote1954 wrote:
> >>
> >> You even find them in the environmental movement, feeding the hungry
> >> children in Timbuktu and in the promotion of democracy for Iraq... ;)
> >>
> >> For example:
> >>
> >> (this is serious)
> >>
> >> 'For the Bush administration, democracy promotion is not just a "made
> >> in the U.S." venture, but a goal shared with many other countries. We
> >> also seek to broaden our partnerships with local and global
> >> nongovernmental organizations and international organizations, so that
> >> we can work together on democracy promotion, advancement of human
> >> rights, and humanitarian relief.'

> > No ****. Bush seems to think he can blow smoke up everybodies ass.
> > Other countries share the goal of not having to listen to American B.S.
> > We have no REAL partnerships because they will **** on us and change

sides
> > as soon as it is to their advantage. 'Partner' is a word that is way
> > overused in business. Your 'partner' can switch overnight and put you

out
> > of business. China is not a partner or friend but they love our money.
> > Democracy promotion is reserved for those with oil for us.
> > Advancement of human rights is just politician rhetoric.
> > Humanitarian relief means sending our money to a country that does not
> > appreciate it, all for a news byte, and while ignoring the problems at
> > home, like New Orleans, the homeless in OUR country, etc.

> I get really tired of people talking about New Orleans like it's some sort
> of failure of national policy. The problem in NO is local leadership and
> the helpless mentality of the New Orleans residents who get media

attention.
> Mississippi had it worse if anything (whole towns here were completely

wiped
> off the map), but you don't hear people referring to us as a symptom of

some
> sort of national malaise. And the reason why is that our leadership made
> the decision that we would pick ourselves up by our bootstraps and get

back
> to work, whether or not there was any aid at the federal level. New

Orleans
> chose a different path--even worse, they chose to keep the mayor who'd
> failed them so badly in power.

You mean living below sea level has nothing to do with floods? ha Ha HA.

On Apr 6, 10:08 pm, "George Conklin" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> "Tim McNamara" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > "George Conklin" <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > Smart Growth is based on a lie, but a useful one to get the taxpayer
> > > to pay for a developer's schemes.

> > Not like that's new. That sort of scheming was around long before
> > "smart growth."

> True, but smart growth is just the latest scam.

EVERYTHING is a scam nowadays, down to the presidential elections and
the most expensive war this side of WWII...

But what you propose to stop the scam at hand, namely Smart Growth?
How do you make a smart policy, even you drop the word "smart" from it?

-
Free software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com

"Amy Blankenship" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I get really tired of people talking about New Orleans like it's some sort
> of failure of national policy. The problem in NO is local leadership and
> the helpless mentality of the New Orleans residents who get media

attention.
> Mississippi had it worse if anything (whole towns here were completely

wiped
> off the map), but you don't hear people referring to us as a symptom of

some
> sort of national malaise. And the reason why is that our leadership made
> the decision that we would pick ourselves up by our bootstraps and get

back
> to work, whether or not there was any aid at the federal level. New

Orleans
> chose a different path--even worse, they chose to keep the mayor who'd
> failed them so badly in power.

Why is it we can spend $100 Billion on building Iraq, but not $2 billion on
our own nation?

"Baxter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> -
> Free software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com
>

> "Amy Blankenship" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>

>> I get really tired of people talking about New Orleans like it's some
>> sort
>> of failure of national policy. The problem in NO is local leadership and
>> the helpless mentality of the New Orleans residents who get media

> attention.
>> Mississippi had it worse if anything (whole towns here were completely

> wiped
>> off the map), but you don't hear people referring to us as a symptom of

> some
>> sort of national malaise. And the reason why is that our leadership made
>> the decision that we would pick ourselves up by our bootstraps and get

> back
>> to work, whether or not there was any aid at the federal level. New

> Orleans
>> chose a different path--even worse, they chose to keep the mayor who'd
>> failed them so badly in power.
>>

> Why is it we can spend $100 Billion on building Iraq, but not $2 billion
> on
> our own nation?

Bush has a guilty conscience

"George Conklin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Amy Blankenship" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>> > No ****. Bush seems to think he can blow smoke up everybodies ass.
>> > Other countries share the goal of not having to listen to American B.S.
>> > We have no REAL partnerships because they will **** on us and change

> sides
>> > as soon as it is to their advantage. 'Partner' is a word that is way
>> > overused in business. Your 'partner' can switch overnight and put you

> out
>> > of business. China is not a partner or friend but they love our money.
>> > Democracy promotion is reserved for those with oil for us.
>> > Advancement of human rights is just politician rhetoric.
>> > Humanitarian relief means sending our money to a country that does not
>> > appreciate it, all for a news byte, and while ignoring the problems at
>> > home, like New Orleans, the homeless in OUR country, etc.

>> I get really tired of people talking about New Orleans like it's some
>> sort
>> of failure of national policy. The problem in NO is local leadership and
>> the helpless mentality of the New Orleans residents who get media

> attention.
>> Mississippi had it worse if anything (whole towns here were completely

> wiped
>> off the map), but you don't hear people referring to us as a symptom of

> some
>> sort of national malaise. And the reason why is that our leadership made
>> the decision that we would pick ourselves up by our bootstraps and get

> back
>> to work, whether or not there was any aid at the federal level. New

> Orleans
>> chose a different path--even worse, they chose to keep the mayor who'd
>> failed them so badly in power.
>>

> You mean living below sea level has nothing to do with floods? ha Ha HA.

If the national government had refused to put up the levees to support the
local decision to build there, the criticism would have been 10 times worse.

"George Conklin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> I take it that you have never read "The Revenge of the Methodist
>> Biycle Company"? John Kane, Kingston ON Canada
>>

> I read honest demography, not propaganda.

Translation: I only read things I know in advance will support the viewpoint
I already had.

On Apr 7, 3:05 pm, "Baxter" <[email protected]> wrote:

> > I get really tired of people talking about New Orleans like it's some sort
> > of failure of national policy. The problem in NO is local leadership and
> > the helpless mentality of the New Orleans residents who get media

> attention.
> > Mississippi had it worse if anything (whole towns here were completely

> wiped
> > off the map), but you don't hear people referring to us as a symptom of

> some
> > sort of national malaise. And the reason why is that our leadership made
> > the decision that we would pick ourselves up by our bootstraps and get

> back
> > to work, whether or not there was any aid at the federal level. New

> Orleans
> > chose a different path--even worse, they chose to keep the mayor who'd
> > failed them so badly in power.

> Why is it we can spend $100 Billion on building Iraq, but not $2 billion on
> our own nation?-

Perhaps they are trying Smart Growth in Iraq. The forturnes of a few
are surely growing.

On Apr 7, 4:05 pm, "nash" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Baxter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>

> > -
> > Free software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com

> > "Amy Blankenship" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...

> >> I get really tired of people talking about New Orleans like it's some
> >> sort
> >> of failure of national policy. The problem in NO is local leadership and
> >> the helpless mentality of the New Orleans residents who get media

> > attention.
> >> Mississippi had it worse if anything (whole towns here were completely

> > wiped
> >> off the map), but you don't hear people referring to us as a symptom of

> > some
> >> sort of national malaise. And the reason why is that our leadership made
> >> the decision that we would pick ourselves up by our bootstraps and get

> > back
> >> to work, whether or not there was any aid at the federal level. New

> > Orleans
> >> chose a different path--even worse, they chose to keep the mayor who'd
> >> failed them so badly in power.

> > Why is it we can spend $100 Billion on building Iraq, but not $2 billion
> > on
> > our own nation?

> Bush has a guilty conscience-

You are assuming he has one. That's kind of optimistic, isn't it? ;)

"Baxter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> -
>.
>>

> Why is it we can spend $100 Billion on building Iraq, but not $2 billion
> on
> our own nation?

Our own nation is not New Orleans, we already sunk millions into that place,
most of the people there are not willing to even help themselves.

In article <[email protected]>,
Tim McNamara <[email protected]> wrote:

>despair). I think cooperative housing is a better notion than
>traditional apartment buildings. Personal investment and some type of
>ownership of one's home encourage pro-social behavior.

The problem is that "pro-social behavior" ends up being defined as
"behaving as the tinpot dictators on the co-op board want you to
behave".
result in a fully-depreciated one.

In article <[email protected]>,
Baxter <[email protected]> wrote:

>Why is it we can spend $100 Billion on building Iraq, but not $2 billion on
>our own nation?

Be happy about that -- do you really want even 2% of the **** that's
going on in Iraq?

result in a fully-depreciated one.

-
Free software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com

"di" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Baxter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > -
> >.
> >>

> > Why is it we can spend $100 Billion on building Iraq, but not $2 billion
> > on
> > our own nation?
> >

> Our own nation is not New Orleans,

New Oreans IS part of the United States.

>we already sunk millions into that place,
> most of the people there are not willing to even help themselves.

Most of the people there CANNOT help themselves - the System has made sure
of that -- and Continues to make sure of that.

-
Free software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com

"Matthew T. Russotto" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Baxter <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >Why is it we can spend $100 Billion on building Iraq, but not $2 billion

on
> >our own nation?

> Be happy about that -- do you really want even 2% of the **** that's
> going on in Iraq?

I want us OUT of Iraq, and building our OWN country.

On Apr 6, 11:14 pm, "Amy Blankenship"
<[email protected]> wrote:
> "Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>

> > donquijote1954 wrote:

> >> You even find them in the environmental movement, feeding the hungry
> >> children in Timbuktu and in the promotion of democracy for Iraq... ;)

> >> For example:

> >> (this is serious)

> >> 'For the Bush administration, democracy promotion is not just a "made
> >> in the U.S." venture, but a goal shared with many other countries. We
> >> also seek to broaden our partnerships with local and global
> >> nongovernmental organizations and international organizations, so that
> >> we can work together on democracy promotion, advancement of human
> >> rights, and humanitarian relief.'

> > No ****. Bush seems to think he can blow smoke up everybodies ass.
> > Other countries share the goal of not having to listen to American B.S.
> > We have no REAL partnerships because they will **** on us and change sides
> > as soon as it is to their advantage. 'Partner' is a word that is way
> > overused in business. Your 'partner' can switch overnight and put you out
> > of business. China is not a partner or friend but they love our money.
> > Democracy promotion is reserved for those with oil for us.
> > Advancement of human rights is just politician rhetoric.
> > Humanitarian relief means sending our money to a country that does not
> > appreciate it, all for a news byte, and while ignoring the problems at
> > home, like New Orleans, the homeless in OUR country, etc.

> I get really tired of people talking about New Orleans like it's some sort
> of failure of national policy. The problem in NO is local leadership and
> the helpless mentality of the New Orleans residents who get media attention.
> Mississippi had it worse if anything (whole towns here were completely wiped
> off the map), but you don't hear people referring to us as a symptom of some
> sort of national malaise. And the reason why is that our leadership made
> the decision that we would pick ourselves up by our bootstraps and get back
> to work, whether or not there was any aid at the federal level. New Orleans
> chose a different path--even worse, they chose to keep the mayor who'd
> failed them so badly in power.- Hide quoted text -

What I found the most fascinating about New Orleans was the fact that
Houston accepted so many people, so quickly, and had emergency plans
in place to handle a hurricane. Then I found out that the all of
those plans and "stuff" were in place to handle the evacuation of
Galveston and was done by, and paid for, by Galveston. I kept
thinking how wonderful it was that Galveston would "share", but I also
kept thinking "man, I hope Galveston doesn't get hit by a hurricane
and need the stuff".

On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 19:28:46 -0700, "Baxter"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>-
>Free software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com
>

>"Matthew T. Russotto" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> In article <[email protected]>,
>> Baxter <[email protected]> wrote:
>> >
>> >Why is it we can spend $100 Billion on building Iraq, but not $2 billion

>on
>> >our own nation?

>> Be happy about that -- do you really want even 2% of the **** that's
>> going on in Iraq?
>>

>I want us OUT of Iraq, and building our OWN country.

After instituting regime change, the US took on a responsibility to
all those in Iraq who tried to make it work. While I am dubious about
the invasion and the reasoning behind it, it would be insane to leave
things open to something even worse than Sadaam for the people of
Iraq. It also would signal that it is not safe to ally with the
United States and that resisting them passively is safer.

Sadaam may well have had weapons of mass destruction or thought he had
but because Bush, Rumsfield and Cheney believed in invasion on the
budget plan and allowed looting of the ministries we will never know.
Rumsfield is Bush's Macnamara, another management droid who dismisses
the idea that the military might know something about war.

"Baxter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> -
> Free software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com
>

> "di" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "Baxter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> > -
>> >.
>> >>
>> > Why is it we can spend $100 Billion on building Iraq, but not $2
>> > billion
>> > on
>> > our own nation?
>> >

>> Our own nation is not New Orleans,

> New Oreans IS part of the United States.
>
>>we already sunk millions into that place,
>> most of the people there are not willing to even help themselves.
>>

> Most of the people there CANNOT help themselves - the System has made sure
> of that -- and Continues to make sure of that.

So you're saying that the democratic process that would have allowed them to
elect a more helpful mayor was rigged?

"Baxter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> -
> Free software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com
>

> "di" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "Baxter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> > -
>> >.
>> >>
>> > Why is it we can spend $100 Billion on building Iraq, but not $2
>> > billion
>> > on
>> > our own nation?
>> >

>> Our own nation is not New Orleans,

> New Oreans IS part of the United States.
>
>>we already sunk millions into that place,
>> most of the people there are not willing to even help themselves.
>>

> Most of the people there CANNOT help themselves - the System has made sure
> of that -- and Continues to make sure of that.

This is a good example of the liberal mentality, after all these years they
still think they can pick up a turd by the clean end. Any person or group
can help inprove their own status, it takes a little ambition, a little
patience, and a lot of work, 3 things that are missing in places like New
Orleans. The "system" you are referring to is the very system you are
promoting. You think the solution to any problem is to throw more money at
it, especially someone else's money.

--In the fallout after the Revolution, do you think SUV's bicycles,
and Choppers will all get along? Are you privy to the new contract?
And do you have any idea regarding timing of this Revolution
project?--

I think in the fallout after the revolution, all vehicles will get
along, just not the Darwinian laws that now prevail on our roads and
in many other areas of life. There's a little republic not very far
away from America where vehicles sort of get along: the Conch
Republic. Yes, Key West has a sizeable cyclist population, and you see
its inhabitants riding their bikes in a carefree manner, though still
you see some of the old dinosaurs roaming around, mostly SUVs coming
from Miami...

It may be Darwinian in other senses like walled communities, but you
can walk around and bike around quite free and safe. You even see EVs
driving around announcing a better future. Of course, further
insurance of civilized behavior by wild SUVs can be brought about by a
SPECIAL TRUCK LICENSE (they are trucks, right?) and HIGHER GAS PRICES,
which will reduce their numbers to the category of endangered species.

About the timing of the revolution, according to ancient texts found
in the pyramids (where the first lions were buried) the end of the big
predators will be in the year 2008, which adds to 10 for a perfect
decimal calendar.

PS: I forgot to tell there's many choppers in Key West.

Here's the story found with such calendar...

VERY INTERESTING ARTICLE...

(Notice the picture of the "Sphinx," which designates a type of statue
joining a human head to the body of a lion and symbolizes sovereignty
combining the strength of the lion with a human intelligence, used to
represent royal power. Perhaps Egypt has the most notorious monuments
to self-aggrandizing and stupidity: the pyramids. All the resources
precious to the people went to feed the ego of the lions --in death.
It's also a trait of the lion that knowledge is kept for an elite.
"Knowledge is power," so the saying goes...)

Freedom in World History
http://www.hermes-press.com/history1.htm

Talking about a Darwinian world, here's one of the oil kings making a
gargantuan sum of money...

Occidental CEO got more than $400 million in 2006

CHICAGO (Reuters) - Occidental Petroleum Corp.'s chairman and chief
executive took in more than $400 million in compensation last year,
the company said in a filing, one of the biggest single-year payouts
in U.S. corporate history.

http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/070407/occidentalpetroleum_pay.html?.v=8

But, see, bicycles only make peanuts for them. :(