ride beta

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Penny S., Jun 24, 2003.

  1. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    I'm scoping a new ( to me) ride for this weekend, Liberty Lake Park. In the guide books it's listed
    as "strenuous" and the feedback I'm getting as inquire about it is everything form "I've hiked but
    never biked it" to "yeah, there's a hike-a-bike section" to, from someone who rides with me, "brutal
    but you'll be fine. I guess there's a series of switchbacks that must be hiked, but it's rumored to
    be totally worth it for the upper portion of the ride and the descent which is on a different trail.

    Oh, sure I could be in over my head, or way over my head, but if **everyone** hikes a section or two
    it can't be that bad, and if people regularly ride it, it can't be that bad. And even if there are
    cougar and bear sightings, it can't been that bad. POtential bonuses include waterfalls and old
    growth cedar.

    I just get tired of the same old local trails and like to try new things.

    I could be sorry, ya never know. RR to follow of course.

    penny

    just for grins, here's the trail description "This challenging trial will be fun for those who are
    prepared for it. For those who are not, this is not where you learn your trail skills. Lots of steep
    ups and downs, lots of getting on and off your bike,and a rocky thick forest trail makes this a
    sustained expert loop. There's even a waterfall or two. Connections to Mica peak ( Idaho) and beyond
    are rewards for those who have the gas to get there."

    hmmm.

    Tags:

  2. Penny says:

    <major snip>

    >hmmm.

    Hmmmmmm indeed - enjoy yourself, but be careful..... you _are_ taking a buddy, right?

    Steve

  3. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Stephen Baker thoughtfully penned:
    > Penny says:
    >
    > <major snip>
    >
    >> hmmm.
    >
    > Hmmmmmm indeed - enjoy yourself, but be careful..... you _are_ taking a buddy, right?
    >
    > Steve c

    yes, couple of buddys or buddy-ettes, and the armor ;-)

    And the camera.

    Penny

  4. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > > Penny says:
    > >
    > > <major snip>
    > >
    > >> hmmm.
    > >
    > > Hmmmmmm indeed - enjoy yourself, but be careful..... you _are_ taking a buddy, right?
    > >
    > > Steve c
    >
    > yes, couple of buddys or buddy-ettes, and the armor ;-)
    >
    > And the camera.
    >
    > Penny

    and a cell phone cause you grrlz are going down!
    --
    Slacker

  5. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Slacker <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > and a cell phone cause you grrlz are going down!

    ..........OOoooOOOOO...........Hhhhmmmmmmm.......yeah............

    Shaun aHhhhRe.....

  6. Dave Stocker

    Dave Stocker Guest

    "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:[email protected]...

    > Slacker <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >
    > > and a cell phone cause you grrlz are going down!
    >
    > ..........OOoooOOOOO...........Hhhhmmmmmmm.......yeah............

    Speaking of "cell phone", what do you Brits call it? Over here, Gerry calls it a "Handy" for some
    inexplicable reason. I am starting to use this stupid Denglish word in place of "cell phone". Please
    tell me that it is used somewhere by some native English speaker - and I don't care if it a only one
    thong wearing guy in the South Pacific.

    -Dave

  7. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 21:19:53 +0200, "Dave Stocker" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >news:[email protected]...
    >>
    >> Slacker <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >>
    >> > and a cell phone cause you grrlz are going down!
    >>
    >> ..........OOoooOOOOO...........Hhhhmmmmmmm.......yeah............
    >>

    >Speaking of "cell phone", what do you Brits call it? Over here, Gerry calls it a "Handy" for some
    >inexplicable reason. I am starting to use this stupid Denglish word in place of "cell phone".
    >Please tell me that it is used somewhere by some native English speaker - and I don't care if it a
    >only one thong wearing guy in the South Pacific.
    >
    >-Dave

    sorry dude, your on your own.

    Dave W

  8. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Dave Stocker wrote:

    > Speaking of "cell phone", what do you Brits call it? Over here, Gerry calls it a "Handy" for some
    > inexplicable reason.

    Never quite worked that out either.

    I am starting to use this stupid
    > Denglish word in place of "cell phone".

    Assimilation has begun...

    Please tell me that it is used
    > somewhere by some native English speaker - and I don't care if it a only one thong wearing guy in
    > the South Pacific.

    Nope, only restricted to Germans. In England it's just plain old 'mobile', whereas in France,
    they're called 'GSM' (pronounced JSM).

  9. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Dave Stocker <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > Slacker <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > > and a cell phone cause you grrlz are going down!
    > >
    > > ..........OOoooOOOOO...........Hhhhmmmmmmm.......yeah............
    > >

    > Speaking of "cell phone", what do you Brits call it? Over here, Gerry
    calls
    > it a "Handy" for some inexplicable reason. I am starting to use this
    stupid
    > Denglish word in place of "cell phone". Please tell me that it is used somewhere by some native
    > English speaker - and I don't care if it a only
    one
    > thong wearing guy in the South Pacific.
    >
    > -Dave

    Nope - to everyone I know, it's simply a 'mobile'.

    Shaun aRe

  10. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

    GSM is a standard used for wireless...

    --
    - Zilla Cary, NC (Remove XSPAM)

    > Dave Stocker wrote:
    >
    > > Speaking of "cell phone", what do you Brits call it? Over here, Gerry
    calls
    > > it a "Handy" for some inexplicable reason.
    >
    > Never quite worked that out either.
    >
    > I am starting to use this stupid
    > > Denglish word in place of "cell phone".
    >
    > Assimilation has begun...
    >
    > Please tell me that it is used
    > > somewhere by some native English speaker - and I don't care if it a only
    one
    > > thong wearing guy in the South Pacific.
    >
    > Nope, only restricted to Germans. In England it's just plain old 'mobile', whereas in France,
    > they're called 'GSM' (pronounced JSM).
    >
    > --
    > a.m-b FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm
    >
    > a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm