Ride by yourself or with someone?

Gilders said:
Alone always. Would really like someone to ride with quite alot of the time though, providing someone was a bit faster and stronger to really push me...

... and to motivate me enough to get off my hoochy ass on those "I-don't-have-any-excuse-not-to-go-out-but-I-really-can't-be-bothered-so-I'll-find-a-way-to-justify-my-laziness-somehow" days and just get me out there and riding.
Hmmm! train to cumbria sunday if its nice, fancy a ride to wigan you can catch the train back :)

I used to ride alone, but now my husband has bought a cheap bike and likes to join me on bike rides.

BKay
:)

I did the local group ride today. On the way home I was with some other guys. I asked if they would like to do a sprint but they refused.

Man, I wish I could train with someone who would sprint.

Solo, although not by choice. The club that's nearest myself isnt excatly right around the corner. I wish I had friends that werent lazy... sigh.

Shredpirate said:
I ride by myself. None of my friends are into cycling
Is there no one on the boards that lives within travelling distance of you, i know i have asked if there was anyone in or within 20miles of wigan, or even that lives relatively near to a train line, then maybe someone could meet me at a trainstation near to them, travel say 100miles or so and end up in my town and they could catch the train back.

then everyone has spent equal amounts, and the longer rides aren't quite so boring having someone to echelon from or even maybe setup there own group ride...... for those wishing to partake in a longer ride.

there is one buke club that was anear me said they where going to go do a 30 or 40mile ride and they would be riding over 4hrs, i didn't fancy riding at a 10/12mph avg.

but hey! its a suggestion for you, probably a good way to get around those long lonely rides.

I ride by myself purely because I want to do what I want to do. I don't know anybody else with a road bike and I don't want anybody else nagging about wanting to go home. Being by yourself on a ride is greaat for relaxing

Guess I would have answered both if the option was there. For the most part I ride alone so I can focus on my training needs. But I do like to get in a club ride every week or so. Enjoy the similar interests and learn what I can when the opportunity presents itself. Course this cat 5 has problems keeping up with the more experienced riders, but no worries. Just take what I can when I can and peel off when it makes sense.

mike7382 said:
I was just wondering if u like to ride by yourself or with a friend? I personally like to ride myself that way I don't have to wait for anyone.