Ride - er - babble :-)

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Velvet, Jul 30, 2004.

  1. Velvet

    Velvet Guest

    Tags:

  2. Velvet

    Velvet Guest

    Velvet wrote:

    > Can be found at my blog: http://www.livejournal.com/users/velvetpurrs
    >
    > The last two entries there have it - the latest entry is really quite a
    > long version, you've been warned :)

    Um, and it's for the London to Cambridge ride ;-) Oops, forgot that bit!

    --

    Velvet

  3. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

  4. Velvet

    Velvet Guest

    Simon Mason wrote:

    > "Velvet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>Can be found at my blog: http://www.livejournal.com/users/velvetpurrs
    >>
    >>The last two entries there have it - the latest entry is really quite a
    >>long version, you've been warned :)

    > That's what I needed yesterday -chamois cream. Nice story :)
    >
    > --
    > Simon M.

    :) Thanks, I really enjoyed myself, can't wait for sunday (I'll be
    attempting to keep up with the CTC afternoon bunch, as long as they
    don't opt for a more hilly route than normal!) to get back out on the
    bike again :)

    Assos is what I've discovered, and it's amazing stuff. Probably
    wouldn't bother for anything less than 20-30 miles though, but dead
    useful on a 40-50 mile ride. Also found my increasing thighs meant old
    shorts were too tight (or they've shrunk, or *something*) and the
    padding wasn't extending quite far enough around the leg - a lot of the
    chafing seemed to be coming from the edge of the padding moving against
    the side of the seat, so bigger shorts sorted that too (more padding
    area!) and no bum ache from the saddle - finally the two have got used
    to each other ;-)

    --

    Velvet

  5. Terry D

    Terry D Guest

    Velvet wrote:
    > Can be found at my blog: http://www.livejournal.com/users/velvetpurrs
    >
    > The last two entries there have it - the latest entry is really quite a
    > long version, you've been warned :)

    Well done Velvet! Quite a feeling when you get to the end of your first
    biggy isn't it?

    Only ever done the one myself, London - Brighton last year. Should have
    gone this year as well, but the bike got squashed so I didn't make any
    plans. In the end I could have gone, c'est la vie, innit?

    --
    Terry Duckmanton.

    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/terry.duckmanton
    A website mostly dedicated to cycling
    (Got an [almost] daily blog there as well)

  6. Velvet

    Velvet Guest

    Terry D wrote:

    > Well done Velvet! Quite a feeling when you get to the end of your first
    > biggy isn't it?
    >
    > Only ever done the one myself, London - Brighton last year. Should have
    > gone this year as well, but the bike got squashed so I didn't make any
    > plans. In the end I could have gone, c'est la vie, innit?

    Yep, absolutely amazing feeling - my legs were tired but I was
    incredibly jubilant :) It was tinged with a fair bit of "I can't quite
    believe I actually did it" too, especially thinking about the hills and
    how hard I find hills in general! I seem to have set my next milestone,
    which is the cambridge 102km randonee at the end of sept... I *should*
    manage the distance, and the speed too, but.. it's further than I've
    done before, so you never know...

    Had a great ride at the weekend too, which'll be posted separately.

    Shame you didn't manage to make it - and that the bike got squashed,
    too! You were ok, I hope, or at least recover-ed/ing well?

    --

    Velvet