Ride - er - babble :-)

Velvet wrote:

> Can be found at my blog: http://www.livejournal.com/users/velvetpurrs
>
> The last two entries there have it - the latest entry is really quite a
> long version, you've been warned :)

Um, and it's for the London to Cambridge ride ;-) Oops, forgot that bit!

--

Velvet

Simon Mason wrote:

> "Velvet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Can be found at my blog: http://www.livejournal.com/users/velvetpurrs
>>
>>The last two entries there have it - the latest entry is really quite a
>>long version, you've been warned :)

> That's what I needed yesterday -chamois cream. Nice story :)
>
> --
> Simon M.

:) Thanks, I really enjoyed myself, can't wait for sunday (I'll be
attempting to keep up with the CTC afternoon bunch, as long as they
don't opt for a more hilly route than normal!) to get back out on the
bike again :)

Assos is what I've discovered, and it's amazing stuff. Probably
wouldn't bother for anything less than 20-30 miles though, but dead
useful on a 40-50 mile ride. Also found my increasing thighs meant old
shorts were too tight (or they've shrunk, or *something*) and the
padding wasn't extending quite far enough around the leg - a lot of the
chafing seemed to be coming from the edge of the padding moving against
the side of the seat, so bigger shorts sorted that too (more padding
area!) and no bum ache from the saddle - finally the two have got used
to each other ;-)

--

Velvet

Velvet wrote:
> Can be found at my blog: http://www.livejournal.com/users/velvetpurrs
>
> The last two entries there have it - the latest entry is really quite a
> long version, you've been warned :)

Well done Velvet! Quite a feeling when you get to the end of your first
biggy isn't it?

Only ever done the one myself, London - Brighton last year. Should have
gone this year as well, but the bike got squashed so I didn't make any
plans. In the end I could have gone, c'est la vie, innit?

--
Terry Duckmanton.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/terry.duckmanton
A website mostly dedicated to cycling
(Got an [almost] daily blog there as well)

Terry D wrote:

> Well done Velvet! Quite a feeling when you get to the end of your first
> biggy isn't it?
>
> Only ever done the one myself, London - Brighton last year. Should have
> gone this year as well, but the bike got squashed so I didn't make any
> plans. In the end I could have gone, c'est la vie, innit?

Yep, absolutely amazing feeling - my legs were tired but I was
incredibly jubilant :) It was tinged with a fair bit of "I can't quite
believe I actually did it" too, especially thinking about the hills and
how hard I find hills in general! I seem to have set my next milestone,
which is the cambridge 102km randonee at the end of sept... I *should*
manage the distance, and the speed too, but.. it's further than I've
done before, so you never know...

Had a great ride at the weekend too, which'll be posted separately.

Shame you didn't manage to make it - and that the bike got squashed,
too! You were ok, I hope, or at least recover-ed/ing well?

--

Velvet