ride from Short Hills, NJ to Bolton Landing, NY

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides archive' started by Andrew Taitel, Jun 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello,

Does anyone have recommendations for quiet, yet direct, roads that go from Short Hills, NJ to Bolton
    Landing, NY?

Thanks.

Tags:

2. Ken Roberts

Ken Roberts Guest

It's great to use a bicycle to invent your own adventure -- and in a region most people wouldn't
    think of as adventurous.

For some ideas for roads, try Bike Hudson Valley: www.roberts-1.com/bikehudson go to the lower part
    of that home page, and click on "planning a Long Distance multi-day tour", and note especially the
    section on "passing thru North-South". The NYC to Albany route linked from there is my attempt to
    combine "quiet" with "direct" for my own riding style and preferences -- maybe some of those roads
    will be a fit for you too.

For north of Albany, from the Bike Hudson Valley home page, click on "in the North", then follow the
    "Reports" link under "River routes". (Amit who sent that Report actually works right next to Short
    Hills, and a couple of years ago he _skated_ the whole NYC to Albany route in two and a half days)

My guess is that the trickiest route selection part of the adventure will be getting from Short
    Hills to New York state -- I have no advice about that part.

Ken

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.