Ride & Hostility Report

Peter McCallum wrote;

> > Tap on the driver's window at the set of lights. Smile. Say "you [insert

> unacceptable behaviour] back there. I don't think you should be on the
> road." Reach in to driver's compartment. Remove keys from ignition. Ride
> off with keys in pocket. Deposit keys in nearest post box [aka drainage
> grate]. Laugh.

That's ok if you can do it quickly before driver grabs your arm and
worse..punches you in the face. Don't forget that many modern cars have
some kind of button that has to be pressed before keys can be removed from
ignition key slot due to steering locks..sometimes this little button
somewhere on the underside of the keyhole has to be pressed first then key
turned an extra little bit to the left before removing...practice on a few
friend's cars first and only pick on the cars you become familiar with.

DJ

>Dude, of course I'll visit you, and of course I'll polish up your
>shotty...

I'm glad someone will do it for me. I'll let you hold onto it for me whilst I'm in.

>Where's the Indooro shortcut... 'fess up!

Not sure if it would be useful to you - it's a way to avoid going around uni (if I go around uni my ride is almost 39km each way). At the roundabout at the bottom of the hill that heads up to the golf club, instead of turning right and heading around uni, I go straight. This becomes fairly narrow and is frequented by Cayennes and Prados (they sound like feral animals the way I'm talking!) and it really isn't a very nice road to ride. If you take the first left, then the first right, this takes you up a steep hill at the end of which you come back out onto the narrow sh!tty road and head out onto Swann Road.

Am I making any sense???

LotteBum

"I reckon it was Absent Husband's fault... let's get him! "

<snip>

I swear - I was just looking at them!! I wasn't actually gonna TAKE 'em
or anything....

*tries to explain himself away - coz he knows he can't ride or run away
fast enough!!*

AH

DaveB wrote:
> a) there were less drivers late for work driving like maniacs (still
> some but easier to avoid)

Yeah, I'm lucky/unlucky to do shift work and I'm always fuming when I
ride on the week that sees me in peak hour traffic. It nearly makes me
want to drive.

Jay Woo wrote:

> DaveB wrote:
> > a) there were less drivers late for work driving like maniacs (still
> > some but easier to avoid)

> Yeah, I'm lucky/unlucky to do shift work and I'm always fuming when I
> ride on the week that sees me in peak hour traffic. It nearly makes me
> want to drive.

You didn't finish that sentence

"It nearly makes me want to drive... a monster truck over the top of
them..."

Tam

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 19:18:07 +1000, "hemyd" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Same here. Since Christmas I've been commuting Nepean Highway to my
>workplace just before Commercial Road. The length between South Road and
>Glenhuntly Road (Melbourne South East) has special widened left lanes o
>accommodate cyclists. Heavy traffic. Deranged drivers. Finally I got sick of
>almost getting killed several times a trip, and copping abuse from other
>drivers. Now take a slightly longer route along Dendy Street, Well Street
>then New Street, until I rejoin St. Kilda Road at Glenhuntly Road, from
>where there is a marked bike lane to the City. At least the deranged drivers
>can't bleat I shouldn't be there. New Street has a fraction of the traffic.
>peace at last...

Interesting, I ride that stretchof the Nepean Hwy quite often and
don't have many problems. Riding back along the same bit also isn't
too bad. New St is ok, but you get the Brighton 4wd driving idiots
ignoring roundabouts etc all through the area.