ride in London

Richard Goodman said:
> MSA wrote:
>
>> Just caught the tail end of this messsage. A group of us live around
>> the East London area and meet for a ride in Woodford EVERY Sunday
>> morning at 9am...at the Castle public house. Cats 2,3,4 (7,8,9's!).
>> Season over so don't expect anything too manic :) Approx 100-130k
>> taking in a tea/toast stop. Nice routes around the Essex countryside.
>> Adhoc evening and Saturdays too.
>>
>> Reply here if interested and I will give more details.

> Ooh, that's near me, that is. How fast do you go and will you all point
> and
> laugh at me if I turn up on three-wheels-inna-Dark-Side-stylee?

Hmm.. I might be interested in joining in with that too, since it's not so
far from me and I'll have to get around to putting in some extra miles, in
preparation for l'etape, at some point - preferably hilly ones :( !

Rich
where is woodford from canary wharf

On 23/11/04 10:54 pm, in article
[email protected], "LA woman"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Rich where is woodford from canary wharf

Somewhere out on the end of the central line methinks.. That is the big red
one through the middle that goes off to Essex. You can take a bike on the
above ground parts.

...d

"David Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:BDC97606.3721%[email protected]...
> On 23/11/04 10:54 pm, in article
> [email protected], "LA woman"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Rich where is woodford from canary wharf

> Somewhere out on the end of the central line methinks.. That is the big
> red
> one through the middle that goes off to Essex. You can take a bike on the
> above ground parts.

Yebbut, why take the tube? It's just a warm up ride from Canary Wharf out
to Woodford... Approximately North North East ;) Not far - 10 miles?
Vaguely Stratford - Leytonstone - Woodford - ish. An A-Z is quite helpful,
living in London :). There's a Castle Public House on Woodford High
Street, presumably that's the one?

I also found
<url: http://www.ccislington.fsnet.co.uk/>
Another club run, starting from reasonably close by as well.

Rich

"David Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:BDC97606.3721%[email protected]...
> On 23/11/04 10:54 pm, in article
> Somewhere out on the end of the central line methinks..

LA woman can also get a route from www.cyclemaps.com - just enter the road
where you live and 'Woodford Road E18' as the destination - comes out at
around 7 ~ 8 miles actually - Woodford High Road is just a continuation of
Woodford Road (but not on cyclemap.com's database).

Rich