Ride Mag subscription

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by tonykara, Nov 8, 2004.

  1. tonykara

    tonykara New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2004
    ive noticed that the new issue of ride has been on the shelves for at least a week now and i still havent recieved my subscribed copy.

    has anyone recieved theirs or am i just jumping the gun?

    Tags:

  2. got mine today.

    "tonykara" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > ive noticed that the new issue of ride has been on the shelves for at
    > least a week now and i still havent recieved my subscribed copy.
    >
    > has anyone recieved theirs or am i just jumping the gun?
    >

    > --
    > tonykara

  3. tonykara

    tonykara New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2004
    excellent so mine should still be on the way

  4. powinc

    powinc New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2003
    Yep got mine too and would recommend it to others. A quality mag.

    powinc

  5. SteveA

    SteveA New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2004
    Messages:
    1,309
    Bewdy, my newsagent in Perth will have them in about 2 weeks. Much BikePorn in the latest edition?

    SteveA

  6. Walrus

    Walrus New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2004
    I was waiting for mine, and started to doubt that I'd actually subscribed at all (it was months ago). I'm walking past the news agent and I see the new edition, so I buy it. I get home and there's a copy sitting in my letterbox!! :mad: Anyone want to buy a slightly used copy of Ride? :rolleyes:

  7. byron27

    byron27 New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2003
    ahhh, patience grasshopper!

    i live in perth and got mine in the mail yesterday.

    love the mag, but when are they going to review some bikes that go for under 5 grand??

  8. Walrus

    Walrus New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2004
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that! I'm in the market at the moment, and I'd love to see a comparison of sub $3K bikes. It's great reading about Colnago's and the like, but how many of their readers are in the market for a $10K bike?

  9. byron27

    byron27 New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2003
    exactly!
    I do enjoy reading reviews of amazing bikeporn, but not every issue. A couple of years ago the mix was quite good, but since then it has been strictly 4 grand and up. There are plenty of lovely bikes for under 4 grand.

    That new steel cervolo for instance. That is a lovely bike.

  10. Tony

    Tony Guest

    "byron27" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Walrus Wrote:
    > > I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that! I'm in the market at the
    > > moment, and I'd love to see a comparison of sub $3K bikes. It's great
    > > reading about Colnago's and the like, but how many of their readers are
    > > in the market for a $10K bike?

    > exactly!
    > I do enjoy reading reviews of amazing bikeporn, but not every issue. A
    > couple of years ago the mix was quite good, but since then it has been
    > strictly 4 grand and up. There are plenty of lovely bikes for under 4
    > grand.
    >
    > That new steel cervolo for instance. That is a lovely bike.
    >

    > --
    > byron27
    >
    > 6'5", curly hair, bit like krusty the clown i spose

    tired of Rob's excuse's for it being late, always late.

  11. byron27

    byron27 New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2003
    yes true, it does get progressively late every 3 months, but i have loads of other bike mags and forum posts to read in the meantime.

    plus they gave me a free pair of socks one time!

  12. tonykara

    tonykara New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2004
    finally it came, got it last night...great bike porn

  13. jcjordan

    jcjordan New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2004
    Hey, I am not the only one that refers to it as bike porn :)

  14. Yuri Budilov

    Yuri Budilov Guest

    "byron27" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Walrus Wrote:
    >> I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that! I'm in the market at the
    >> moment, and I'd love to see a comparison of sub $3K bikes. It's great
    >> reading about Colnago's and the like, but how many of their readers are
    >> in the market for a $10K bike?

    > exactly!
    > I do enjoy reading reviews of amazing bikeporn, but not every issue. A
    > couple of years ago the mix was quite good, but since then it has been
    > strictly 4 grand and up. There are plenty of lovely bikes for under 4
    > grand.
    >
    > That new steel cervolo for instance. That is a lovely bike.
    >

    > --
    > byron27
    >
    > 6'5", curly hair, bit like krusty the clown i spose

    Yes, I could not agree with you more. I am on the market for a $4000-$4500
    (max) bike for 2005 and want to see more of those tested and compared. The
    RIDE and often Bicycling Australia too seem to start from ~$4500 and go up
    rapidly. This has to be a very small percentage of the market? Why not test
    the road bike "mid-range" in say $3-$5K price band? And given it comes out
    every 3 months I would like more models tested.

    Speaking of $4K-$4500 range...... I like the look of new all-carbon
    Specialized 2005 Roubaix Elite and Tarmac Comp.

    Does anyone have any recommendations of really good and knowledgeable
    Specialized dealers in Melbourne? I need someone who really knows how ti
    size bodies to bicycles because I do not wish to spend $4000 on a great bike
    that happens to be one size too big or one size too small for me.

    Any advice? Specifically any good/bad opinions on Hampton Cycles? Fitzroy
    Cycles in Carnegie? Freedom Machine in Prahran? Anyone else? Bike-fit skills
    of the shop and their post-sales support are critical for me.

    thanks in advance!