Ride Mag subscription

tonykara

New Member
Jun 9, 2004
ive noticed that the new issue of ride has been on the shelves for at least a week now and i still havent recieved my subscribed copy.

has anyone recieved theirs or am i just jumping the gun?

got mine today.

"tonykara" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> ive noticed that the new issue of ride has been on the shelves for at
> least a week now and i still havent recieved my subscribed copy.
>
> has anyone recieved theirs or am i just jumping the gun?
>

> --
> tonykara

Yep got mine too and would recommend it to others. A quality mag.

powinc

powinc said:
Yep got mine too and would recommend it to others. A quality mag.

powinc
Bewdy, my newsagent in Perth will have them in about 2 weeks. Much BikePorn in the latest edition?

SteveA

tonykara said:
ive noticed that the new issue of ride has been on the shelves for at least a week now and i still havent recieved my subscribed copy.

has anyone recieved theirs or am i just jumping the gun?

I was waiting for mine, and started to doubt that I'd actually subscribed at all (it was months ago). I'm walking past the news agent and I see the new edition, so I buy it. I get home and there's a copy sitting in my letterbox!! :mad: Anyone want to buy a slightly used copy of Ride? :rolleyes:

Walrus said:
I was waiting for mine, and started to doubt that I'd actually subscribed at all (it was months ago). I'm walking past the news agent and I see the new edition, so I buy it. I get home and there's a copy sitting in my letterbox!! :mad: Anyone want to buy a slightly used copy of Ride? :rolleyes:
ahhh, patience grasshopper!

i live in perth and got mine in the mail yesterday.

love the mag, but when are they going to review some bikes that go for under 5 grand??

byron27 said:
ahhh, patience grasshopper!

i live in perth and got mine in the mail yesterday.

love the mag, but when are they going to review some bikes that go for under 5 grand??
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that! I'm in the market at the moment, and I'd love to see a comparison of sub $3K bikes. It's great reading about Colnago's and the like, but how many of their readers are in the market for a $10K bike?

Walrus said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that! I'm in the market at the moment, and I'd love to see a comparison of sub $3K bikes. It's great reading about Colnago's and the like, but how many of their readers are in the market for a $10K bike?
exactly!
I do enjoy reading reviews of amazing bikeporn, but not every issue. A couple of years ago the mix was quite good, but since then it has been strictly 4 grand and up. There are plenty of lovely bikes for under 4 grand.

That new steel cervolo for instance. That is a lovely bike.

"byron27" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Walrus Wrote:
> > I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that! I'm in the market at the
> > moment, and I'd love to see a comparison of sub $3K bikes. It's great
> > reading about Colnago's and the like, but how many of their readers are
> > in the market for a $10K bike?

> exactly!
> I do enjoy reading reviews of amazing bikeporn, but not every issue. A
> couple of years ago the mix was quite good, but since then it has been
> strictly 4 grand and up. There are plenty of lovely bikes for under 4
> grand.
>
> That new steel cervolo for instance. That is a lovely bike.
>

> --
> byron27
>
> 6'5", curly hair, bit like krusty the clown i spose

tired of Rob's excuse's for it being late, always late.

Tony said:
"byron27" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Walrus Wrote:
> > I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that! I'm in the market at the
> > moment, and I'd love to see a comparison of sub $3K bikes. It's great
> > reading about Colnago's and the like, but how many of their readers are
> > in the market for a $10K bike?

> exactly!
> I do enjoy reading reviews of amazing bikeporn, but not every issue. A
> couple of years ago the mix was quite good, but since then it has been
> strictly 4 grand and up. There are plenty of lovely bikes for under 4
> grand.
>
> That new steel cervolo for instance. That is a lovely bike.
>

> --
> byron27
>
> 6'5", curly hair, bit like krusty the clown i spose

tired of Rob's excuse's for it being late, always late.
yes true, it does get progressively late every 3 months, but i have loads of other bike mags and forum posts to read in the meantime.

plus they gave me a free pair of socks one time!

finally it came, got it last night...great bike ****

"byron27" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Walrus Wrote:
>> I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that! I'm in the market at the
>> moment, and I'd love to see a comparison of sub $3K bikes. It's great
>> reading about Colnago's and the like, but how many of their readers are
>> in the market for a $10K bike?

> exactly!
> I do enjoy reading reviews of amazing bikeporn, but not every issue. A
> couple of years ago the mix was quite good, but since then it has been
> strictly 4 grand and up. There are plenty of lovely bikes for under 4
> grand.
>
> That new steel cervolo for instance. That is a lovely bike.
>

> --
> byron27
>
> 6'5", curly hair, bit like krusty the clown i spose

Yes, I could not agree with you more. I am on the market for a $4000-$4500
(max) bike for 2005 and want to see more of those tested and compared. The
RIDE and often Bicycling Australia too seem to start from ~$4500 and go up
rapidly. This has to be a very small percentage of the market? Why not test
the road bike "mid-range" in say $3-$5K price band? And given it comes out
every 3 months I would like more models tested.

Speaking of $4K-$4500 range...... I like the look of new all-carbon
Specialized 2005 Roubaix Elite and Tarmac Comp.

Does anyone have any recommendations of really good and knowledgeable
Specialized dealers in Melbourne? I need someone who really knows how ti
size bodies to bicycles because I do not wish to spend $4000 on a great bike
that happens to be one size too big or one size too small for me.

Any advice? Specifically any good/bad opinions on Hampton Cycles? Fitzroy
Cycles in Carnegie? Freedom Machine in Prahran? Anyone else? Bike-fit skills
of the shop and their post-sales support are critical for me.

thanks in advance!