Ride photos from the Don Trail

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by ..::Tbf::.., Apr 20, 2003.

  1. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On Sun, 20 Apr 2003 21:32:57 GMT, ..::TBF::.. wrote:
    > The Don Trail looks way better in the summer, although it's no match for JD's scenery, but h*ll
    > it's right in the heart of downtown and great excercise after work or when you don't feel like
    > driving an hour the the Oak Ridges Moraine.

    Huh, looks just like the trails I used to ride in Dallas (except for the stunts).

  2. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "..::TBF::.." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > The Don Trail looks way better in the summer, although it's no match for JD's scenery, but h*ll
    > it's right in the heart of downtown and great excercise after work or when you don't feel like
    > driving an hour the the
    Oak
    > Ridges Moraine.

    <snip pictures>

    Not to sound mean or anything, but those pictures don't do the trail justice. Of all my years of
    riding the Don, I rode the fireroad section maybe once or twice. The real meat of the trail is
    much deeper into the woods and you should try and ride the upper section sometime to test your
    technical skills.

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

  3. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    > "..::TBF::.." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > The Don Trail looks way better in the summer, although it's no match for JD's scenery, but h*ll
    > > it's right in the heart of downtown and great excercise after work or when you don't feel like
    > > driving an hour the the
    > Oak
    > > Ridges Moraine.
    >
    > <snip pictures>
    >
    > Not to sound mean or anything, but those pictures don't do the trail justice. Of all my years of
    > riding the Don, I rode the fireroad section maybe once or twice. The real meat of the trail is
    > much deeper into the woods and you should try and ride the upper section sometime to test your
    > technical skills.
    >
    > - CA-G
    >
    > Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

    Geeze, Carla! You're so mean!

    Matt

  4. ..::Tbf::..

    ..::Tbf::.. Guest

    --
    http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "..::TBF::.." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > The Don Trail looks way better in the summer, although it's no match for JD's scenery, but h*ll
    > > it's right in the heart of downtown and great excercise after work or when you don't feel like
    > > driving an hour the the
    > Oak
    > > Ridges Moraine.
    >
    > <snip pictures>
    >
    > Not to sound mean or anything, but those pictures don't do the trail justice. Of all my years of
    > riding the Don, I rode the fireroad section maybe once or twice. The real meat of the trail is
    > much deeper into the woods and you should try and ride the upper section sometime to test your
    > technical skills.
    >
    > - CA-G
    >
    > Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

    I do, unfortunately the upper trail is pretty washed out now, looks ugly. Classic example of why you
    shouldn't ride it after a heavy rainfall. Hopefully I'll grab some pics when it's grown-in again
    this summer.