Ride the Lobster- First Blood

GizmoDuck

Guest
Team NZUNI will need to go to the hospital later this morning. This
will need stitches :(

|Filename: Veroniques leg.JPG |

GizmoDuck

The Uninam Tour 2008.....Hanoi to Saigon!!! www.uninam.net

The SINZ Unicycle Tour 2007....South Island, New Zealand
www.sinzuni.org

The Induni Unicycle Tour 2009. Unicycle Tour of India. Email me for
details.

Ken, thanks so much for the proper etiquette, getting right to the
bloody picture. I knew we could count on a forum veteran like yourself
to buck the recent trend of starting injury threads with no actual
documentation.

All that said, I'm sorry to hear of this first injury, especially since
it's before the race has started. You didn't mention who the victim was,
but I hope they're still able to race okay with the stitches and
residual pain. Hopefully if they pedal fast enough, they can leave the
pain behind.

--
tomblackwood

Tailgate at your own risk...

tomblackwood wrote:
> Ken, thanks so much for the proper etiquette, getting right to the
> bloody picture. I knew we could count on a forum veteran like yourself
> to buck the recent trend of starting injury threads with no actual
> documentation.
>
> All that said, I'm sorry to hear of this first injury, especially since
> it's before the race has started. You didn't mention who the victim was,
> but I hope they're still able to race okay with the stitches and
> residual pain. Hopefully if they pedal fast enough, they can leave the
> pain behind.

Sorry Tom :eek:

I should have put something in the title. I guess I see so much of
this stuff I forgot about other forum users. I can't change the title
now though, it's past the edit time.

Anyway, I'll leave all our competitors guessing who owns that leg.

I'm going to bed. Have a hospital to visit in the morning. It will
need several sutures.

--

GizmoDuck wrote:
> Anyway, I'll leave all our competitors guessing who owns that leg.

A highly muscular leg devoid of hair? Well, Irene isn't from on your
team, so I'm guessing it's your leg, Looi!

It's such a specific looking injury. Did you fall onto a carrot peeler?
Details!!!

--
David_Stone

Dictator for Life,
NYUC

Check out my blog (or else):
http://newyorkunicycle.blogspot.com/

GizmoDuck wrote:
> Anyway, I'll leave all our competitors guessing who owns that leg.

I took the filename "Veroniques leg.JPG" to be a clue.

--
Danny Colyer

'http://www.redpedals.co.uk' (http://www.colyer.plus.com/danny/)

Danny Colyer wrote:
> I took the filename "Veroniques leg.JPG" to be a clue.

could be a little give away there!

--
1-wheeled-grape

Scott,

Getting ready for the summer holidays!

Ouch, Vero, how did she did that? *sigh, let's hope you get better. And
let's hope you're all right for Lanuitblanche 3eme édition *evil*.

--
Emile.m

Ntappin wrote:

> I'm a butcher, and it took me like 10 minutes to get one nub off my
> luna.

2nd *)---TreFlip-'O,

M'y galler' (http://tinyurl.com/23w828)y

GizmoDuck wrote:
> I personally wear a helmet because Unicycling IS dangerous. If you think
> otherwise you're not riding hard enough.

At least you were riding hard enough eh Ken/Veronique! Good one! Good
excuse to administer yourself some adrenaline and morphine eh.

--
Rowan

What a bad start. I feel so bad for those that have gone through so much
trouble. It sounds like there were quite a few teams that took some
really bad blows, and what makes it even worse is that from the sounds
of it almost non of them were unicycle related or their fault.

--
ntappin

'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
(http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)

Hey! That's my knee!!! :eek:

It wasn't so bad, I only needed 5 stitches. I didn't realize it was so
bad when I felt down, I was able to walk and my hand hurts a lot more
than my knee. I simply realize that my jean was wet after I washed my
hand, and looked what my knee look-like...

So Ken help me a bit with first aid on the night, and in the morning,
he never woke up, so I go to the hospital by myself...

I shoudn't try to follow Williams Skleanar... he's a bit better than
me with a unicycle...

Great memories... :D

Thanks for the pic, Ken!!!

At least, I was able to walk and able to do my job as a suppost person
during the week...

inside joke: gizmoduck is a duck killer...

--
VGreg