Ride the Lobster- First Blood

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by GizmoDuck, Jun 14, 2008.

  1. GizmoDuck

    GizmoDuck Guest

    Team NZUNI will need to go to the hospital later this morning. This
    will need stitches :(

    |Filename: Veroniques leg.JPG |

    GizmoDuck

    The Uninam Tour 2008.....Hanoi to Saigon!!! www.uninam.net

    The SINZ Unicycle Tour 2007....South Island, New Zealand
    www.sinzuni.org

    The Induni Unicycle Tour 2009. Unicycle Tour of India. Email me for
    details.

  2. tomblackwood

    tomblackwood Guest

    Ken, thanks so much for the proper etiquette, getting right to the
    bloody picture. I knew we could count on a forum veteran like yourself
    to buck the recent trend of starting injury threads with no actual
    documentation.

    All that said, I'm sorry to hear of this first injury, especially since
    it's before the race has started. You didn't mention who the victim was,
    but I hope they're still able to race okay with the stitches and
    residual pain. Hopefully if they pedal fast enough, they can leave the
    pain behind.

    --
    tomblackwood

    Tailgate at your own risk...

  3. GizmoDuck

    GizmoDuck Guest

    tomblackwood wrote:
    > Ken, thanks so much for the proper etiquette, getting right to the
    > bloody picture. I knew we could count on a forum veteran like yourself
    > to buck the recent trend of starting injury threads with no actual
    > documentation.
    >
    > All that said, I'm sorry to hear of this first injury, especially since
    > it's before the race has started. You didn't mention who the victim was,
    > but I hope they're still able to race okay with the stitches and
    > residual pain. Hopefully if they pedal fast enough, they can leave the
    > pain behind.

    Sorry Tom :eek:

    I should have put something in the title. I guess I see so much of
    this stuff I forgot about other forum users. I can't change the title
    now though, it's past the edit time.

    Anyway, I'll leave all our competitors guessing who owns that leg.

    I'm going to bed. Have a hospital to visit in the morning. It will
    need several sutures.

    --
    GizmoDuck

    The Uninam Tour 2008.....Hanoi to Saigon!!! www.uninam.net

    The SINZ Unicycle Tour 2007....South Island, New Zealand
    www.sinzuni.org

    The Induni Unicycle Tour 2009. Unicycle Tour of India. Email me for
    details.

  4. David_Stone

    David_Stone Guest

    GizmoDuck wrote:
    > Anyway, I'll leave all our competitors guessing who owns that leg.

    A highly muscular leg devoid of hair? Well, Irene isn't from on your
    team, so I'm guessing it's your leg, Looi!

    It's such a specific looking injury. Did you fall onto a carrot peeler?
    Details!!!

    --
    David_Stone

    Dictator for Life,
    NYUC

    Check out my blog (or else):
    http://newyorkunicycle.blogspot.com/

  5. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    GizmoDuck wrote:
    > Anyway, I'll leave all our competitors guessing who owns that leg.

    I took the filename "Veroniques leg.JPG" to be a clue.

    --
    Danny Colyer

    'http://www.redpedals.co.uk' (http://www.colyer.plus.com/danny/)

  6. Danny Colyer wrote:
    > I took the filename "Veroniques leg.JPG" to be a clue.

    could be a little give away there!

    --
    1-wheeled-grape

    Scott,

    Getting ready for the summer holidays!

  7. Emile.m

    Emile.m Guest

    Ouch, Vero, how did she did that? *sigh, let's hope you get better. And
    let's hope you're all right for Lanuitblanche 3eme ├ędition *evil*.

    --
    Emile.m

    Ntappin wrote:

    > I'm a butcher, and it took me like 10 minutes to get one nub off my
    > luna.

    2nd *)---TreFlip-'O,

    M'y galler' (http://tinyurl.com/23w828)y

  8. Rowan

    Rowan Guest

    GizmoDuck wrote:
    > I personally wear a helmet because Unicycling IS dangerous. If you think
    > otherwise you're not riding hard enough.

    At least you were riding hard enough eh Ken/Veronique! Good one! Good
    excuse to administer yourself some adrenaline and morphine eh.

    --
    Rowan

  9. ntappin

    ntappin Guest

    What a bad start. I feel so bad for those that have gone through so much
    trouble. It sounds like there were quite a few teams that took some
    really bad blows, and what makes it even worse is that from the sounds
    of it almost non of them were unicycle related or their fault.

    --
    ntappin

    'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
    (http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)

  10. VGreg

    VGreg Guest

    Hey! That's my knee!!! :eek:

    It wasn't so bad, I only needed 5 stitches. I didn't realize it was so
    bad when I felt down, I was able to walk and my hand hurts a lot more
    than my knee. I simply realize that my jean was wet after I washed my
    hand, and looked what my knee look-like...

    So Ken help me a bit with first aid on the night, and in the morning,
    he never woke up, so I go to the hospital by myself...

    I shoudn't try to follow Williams Skleanar... he's a bit better than
    me with a unicycle...

    Great memories... :D

    Thanks for the pic, Ken!!!

    At least, I was able to walk and able to do my job as a suppost person
    during the week...

    inside joke: gizmoduck is a duck killer...

    --
    VGreg