Ride the world

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Andrew Price, Feb 26, 2004.

  1. Andrew Price

    Andrew Price Guest

    For the last few months we have had the pleasure of a "winter refugee" from Seattle riding with our
    regular club rides in Sydney.

    "Tom with the Lightspeed" with good bunch manners and a cheerful disposition quickly fitted in and
    confessed that he was dodging 3 months of windtrainers and cycling videos in the northern hemisphere
    - with the intent when he flys back home today of being competitive from the first race of the
    season in Seattle, which has a fair few climbs in it.

    Reminded me of those old surfing movies where surfer bums went on a long way on a little money
    chasing waves around the Pacific - I think Tom might be retired and working his way around memorable
    cycling venues.

    So, on Sunday jet lag permitting, in the memorable words of green jersey boyo Baden Cooke, - "blow
    their doors off" Tom - you have the best wishes of the SCC peleton.

    best, Andrew

    Tags:

  2. "Andrew Price" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:MXh%[email protected]...

    > "Tom with the Lightspeed" with good bunch manners and a cheerful
    disposition
    > quickly fitted in and confessed that he was dodging 3 months of
    windtrainers
    > and cycling videos in the northern hemisphere - with the intent when he
    flys
    > back home today of being competitive from the first race of the season in Seattle, which has a
    > fair few climbs in it.

    Sure hope it's a race, and not just the Chilly Hilly (http://www.cascade.org/EandR/CH.cfm) this
    Sunday. I wish I had the excuse of riding around sunny Sydney for months with some friendly
    Australians to make myself "competitive" for that!

    (PS, I'm going to try to make it on to the 7:45 AM ferry on Sunday -- anyone else gonna be there?)

    --
    Warm Regards,

    Claire Petersky

    Home of the meditative cyclist: