Ride the world

Andrew Price

Guest
For the last few months we have had the pleasure of a "winter refugee" from Seattle riding with our
regular club rides in Sydney.

"Tom with the Lightspeed" with good bunch manners and a cheerful disposition quickly fitted in and
confessed that he was dodging 3 months of windtrainers and cycling videos in the northern hemisphere
- with the intent when he flys back home today of being competitive from the first race of the
season in Seattle, which has a fair few climbs in it.

Reminded me of those old surfing movies where surfer bums went on a long way on a little money
chasing waves around the Pacific - I think Tom might be retired and working his way around memorable
cycling venues.

So, on Sunday jet lag permitting, in the memorable words of green jersey boyo Baden Cooke, - "blow
their doors off" Tom - you have the best wishes of the SCC peleton.

best, Andrew

"Andrew Price" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:MXh%[email protected]...

> "Tom with the Lightspeed" with good bunch manners and a cheerful
disposition
> quickly fitted in and confessed that he was dodging 3 months of
windtrainers
> and cycling videos in the northern hemisphere - with the intent when he
flys
> back home today of being competitive from the first race of the season in Seattle, which has a
> fair few climbs in it.

Sure hope it's a race, and not just the Chilly Hilly (http://www.cascade.org/EandR/CH.cfm) this
Sunday. I wish I had the excuse of riding around sunny Sydney for months with some friendly
Australians to make myself "competitive" for that!

(PS, I'm going to try to make it on to the 7:45 AM ferry on Sunday -- anyone else gonna be there?)

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky

Home of the meditative cyclist: