Ride to eat or eat to ride?

ejglows

Apr 3, 2004
I do a little of both...there is nothing better than a hard earned ice cold beer at the end of the day knowing I earned every one of those damn carbs!

e

The club that I ride with is the only one I know of that stops in the middle of a 50 mile Sunday ride to get pancakes.

We went on a ride last Fri nite, it was Great. 17 miles to Mexican Reastaurant. Dinner and 3+/- margaritas later we ride back in the dark. Now the wife only wants to ride after dark. Definiately Ride to Eat.

Little of both. I eat power bars, fruit smoothies (60gms of carbs!!!), and gel packs. But I also enjoy pizza, seafood, etc (which is why I weigh 200 lbs). I have lost a lot of weight this year since I have started riding, but I feel I am nearing my plateau. I might have to start eating better soon!:D

'Das my girl, ej... ;)

S

ejglows said:
I do a little of both...there is nothing better than a hard earned ice cold beer at the end of the day knowing I earned every one of those damn carbs!

e

EJ is right, Ride to drink- damn, if only I could get the beer to go to my ass- thats the only thing us boys loose fast. Oh well, now I have baggy bike shorts and a jersey thats a little snug:)

Telegram Sam said:
EJ is right, Ride to drink- damn, if only I could get the beer to go to my ass- thats the only thing us boys loose fast. Oh well, now I have baggy bike shorts and a jersey thats a little snug:)

Sam,

Like the typical male physique, you were built to run away from Lions and Tigers and Bears (Oh my!). I do think it is funny that when men gain weight it always goes on as a spare tire around the middle. It makes them look like they have chicken legs. A man sans ass...haha, you should be Japanese! I dont think anyone in this country has one (much to my dissapointment). :eek:

e

artmichalek said:
The club that I ride with is the only one I know of that stops in the middle of a 50 mile Sunday ride to get pancakes.
I wanna go with you. One of our local Saturday ride (recently in Bicycling) goes 25 miles to a local coffee shop or bakery.

I dont get any cycling magazines...perhaps great minds think alike :rolleyes: ... I like to stop for Kaiten sushi (the conveyor belt kind) if I go over 100km and eat all the vegetarian stuff I can get into my mouth! Have to be careful with the natto (fermented soybeans) as they can have some pretty nasty side-effects... :eek:

e

But what if you are eating like you are training and then forget to ride? I got back on the bike and felt every meal.

I live in New Orleans. It is not possible to not eat like a pig. My newly formed bike riding group coalesced around biking to the barbeque place and back. With a stop for beer and fried pickles near the end.

ejglows said:

e
Both... Fuel for the ride before biking. Eat and drink until my heart is content after the ride. A reward of sorts.

philhudson said:
whats the best food for lots of carbs and glucose?

My personal favorite are whole weat pancakes. I find that they dont give me that crazy sugar boost but, rather, a slow and steady release of insulin. THey are also easy to pack for the road...

e

62 miles with my club buddies on a cold November New England morning and back to my house for pancakes, homemade waffles and ice cold Newcastle's.... It doesn't get any better than that...

Hmmm Pancakes....

I eat then bike most of the time. But I wait at least 1-3 hours before I went out because I fear getting appendix .