Ride tomorrow: What do I wear in the chilly rain?!

Lohanizil

Apr 4, 2013
There's a metric century tomorrow and the forecast predicts an 80% chance of rain. The temp at the start is close to 55 and should not rise above sixty the entire ride. What would you wear?

That's one of those things that varies per person, but based on what you described and if it were me probably

Summer kit with long sleeve light long sleeve lycra baselayer, leg warmers, short finger gloves, ultra light sugoi wind shell or maybe my showers pass double century rain jacket. I would also wear a cycling cap to keep the water from running down in my eyes, but I don't have one. I would also ride this metric century as quickly as possible and not stop unless I needed a nature break, but again each of us may have a different take on this.

I would also consider some shoe covers that are fairly water repellent. At this time of the year I usually have a mix of my winter and spring gear in the bag so I can pick out what I need just before the ride. So I typically have more available in the gear bag than what I listed above.

Edit: That is really close to a temperature that I will carry the jacket in my back pocket. I would rather get wet than burn up in a wind or rain shell if the temperatures get warm enough. But I would think that is going to be cool enough to keep a light jacket on.

Thanks! I don't have a cycling cap, but hopefully it'll be alright. Would it be unwise to ride without a waterproof layer? Im thinking of wearing a light jacket and simply being both wet and warm.