Ride video last night, social distancing ha ha!

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Mr. Beanz, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Mr. Beanz

Mr. Beanz Well-Known Member

16.7 mile ride around a local industrial center. Testing the Chesty mount vs the handlebar mount. I say the Chesty is a bit bouncy while pedaling. But I got some exercise.

Tags:

2. ACyclingRooster

Hi Mr Beanz. What is the front light that you are using ?
    Is the rear light just as powerful ?

Which part of the world are you based ?

Mr. Beanz likes this.
  3. Mr. Beanz

Mr. Beanz Well-Known Member

I am actually using 2 Cygolites. Gina (wife) and I each have one so I use both if riding alone. One down toward the road and the other straight ahead as a headlight. I have them set on medium. Only 300 lumens but man they are awesome lights. One day I was riding with one and the cyclist heading the opposite direction shouted he needed a light like mine. Had I known more about lights when I bought them, I probably would have bought more lumens but either way, real happy with these. I've had cars flash their lights at me using one. So I don't use bright mode much unless I'm doing a night ride up in the mountains. Plus the strobes are totally awesome eye catchers (2 modes)

The rear lights also Cyglite hot shot are also just as good. About 5 or 6 strobe modes. The video does not do these lights justice. When I need another light or replacement, I will stick with this brand. Paid about $60 for a front and rear combo at the shop. Could have gotten a better price but these work well. A friend riding with us has a $200 model with the water bottle cage and ours don't give up much at all to his lights. He was impressed and said he wanted to buy a light like ours.

USB charge is cool for me. Easy and convenient and no carrying batteries etc.

We are located in Southern California.

DSCN1722.JPG

4. ACyclingRooster

Hi again Mr Beanz. Thank you I will look for them - probably E'bay is the best option at present.

Mr. Beanz likes this.