Ride Video

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Pete Rissler, Aug 1, 2003.

  1. Pete Rissler

    Pete Rissler Guest

    Here's my first ride video. Sky Tavern is a short trail just outside of Reno, NV (I just rode it
    yesterday evening and slapped it together last night, it's a little rough). The other (Peavine
    Challenge) is a computer generated virtual ride (a much better version than the one I posted several
    months ago). At this time there is nothing else on the web site.

    http://www.tccycling.com/videos.htm

    A couple of questions:

    What is a good miniDV tape? I'm using Sony Premiums and I'm getting lots of dropouts (I've only used
    one tape so far). I am recording in SP mode on a brand new Sony DCR-PC105.

    I'm getting a very annoying clinking noise in the video. It's like two glasses clinking together.
    You can hear it if you listen closely to the audio. I can also hear it if I shake the camera,
    there's sometimes is a jump in the video and I'm wondering if the two are related. In any case I'm
    thinking this isn't normal and that I should return the camera?

    --
    Pete Rissler http://web1.greatbasin.net/~rissler/

    Tags:

  2. On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 08:56:42 -0700, "Pete Rissler" <[email protected]> wrote:

    . In any case I'm
    >thinking this isn't normal and that I should return the camera?

    Yes. Not normal.

    Return it.

  3. > I'm getting a very annoying clinking noise in the video. It's like two glasses clinking together.
    > You can hear it if you listen closely to the audio. I can also hear it if I shake the camera,
    > there's sometimes is a jump in the video and I'm wondering if the two are related. In any case I'm
    > thinking this isn't normal and that I should return the camera?

    What are you useing as a camera holder? Is the camera moving around in it perhaps?
    --
    _________________________

  4. Pete Rissler

    Pete Rissler Guest

    "P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 08:56:42 -0700, "Pete Rissler" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > . In any case I'm
    > >thinking this isn't normal and that I should return the camera?
    >
    > Yes. Not normal.
    >
    > Return it.

    Thanks, I've sent it back.
    --
    Pete Rissler

  5. Pete Rissler

    Pete Rissler Guest

    "Chris Phillipo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 08:56:42 -0700, Pete Rissler wrote:
    > >
    > > > http://www.tccycling.com/videos.htm
    > >
    > > Looks like a fun (but awfully dry!) ride.
    > >
    > > Did anyone else see a lot of line twitter (horizontal lines) in the
    video?
    > > Something to do with the encoder, maybe?
    > >

    > Looks like it was interlaced, probably looks great on a TV :)
    > --
    > _________________________
    > Chris Phillipo - Cape Breton, Nova Scotia http://www.ramsays-online.com

    I'll play around with the different deinterlacing and encoder settings.
    --
    Pete Rissler

  6. Pete Rissler

    Pete Rissler Guest

    "Chris Phillipo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > > I'm getting a very annoying clinking noise in the video. It's like two glasses clinking
    > > together. You can hear it if you listen closely to the audio. I can also hear it if I shake the
    > > camera, there's sometimes is a
    jump
    > > in the video and I'm wondering if the two are related. In any case I'm thinking this isn't
    > > normal and that I should return the camera?
    > >

    > What are you useing as a camera holder? Is the camera moving around in it perhaps?
    > --
    > _________________________
    > Chris Phillipo - Cape Breton, Nova Scotia http://www.ramsays-online.com

    I'm using a Think Helmets Xjacket attached to my helmet. It's pretty snug. I think the problem is
    with the camera. I've sent it back for repair.
    --
    Pete Rissler

    > > Chris Phillipo - Cape Breton, Nova Scotia http://www.ramsays-online.com
    >
    > I'm using a Think Helmets Xjacket attached to my helmet. It's pretty snug. I think the problem is
    > with the camera. I've sent it back for repair.

    For that kind of money it better be snug :) Hopefully it's something minor they can fix without
    sending it to the camera samurai at the base of Mt. Fuji.
    --