Ride with Davis Phinney in Cincinnati on Jul 31

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Alan, Jul 6, 2004.

  1. Alan

    Alan Guest

    Cycling enthusiasts will have a chance to ride with two of cycling's
    legends - two-time Tour de France stage winner Davis Phinney and Olympic
    gold medallist Connie Carpenter Phinney - in the inaugural Sunflower
    Revolution July 31. The event, which will benefit Parkinson's disease
    research, will feature rides of 25 and 62 miles through rolling terrain in
    Warren County, Ohio. The scenic ride covers lightly traveled country roads
    and features an historic covered bridge and a field of sunflowers. Cost is
    $150 per person. A gala (also $150) will precede the ride the evening of
    July 30. The live auction will feature a bike donated by actor Robin
    Williams. For more information, or to sign up for the ride, visit
    www.davisphinneyfoundation.com.

    Tags:

  2. System U

    System U Guest

    Don't doctors and pharmacuetical companies have enough money to
    'research' diseases without asking for donations from the public?

    This is a scam. Phinney should ask Lance to donate a few million and see
    what he says.

    I don't see Michael J. Fox selling his mansions to find a cure.

    Wasn't MS suppose to be cured by now given the fact that hundreds of
    millions of dollars were raised over the past 20 years in those MS 150
    rides put on all over the country? Oh, I forgot....that money went into
    paying the 6 figure salaries and perks of the researchers.

    Thanks,

    SYSTEM U