Rider Achievements

Moony

Jun 20, 2005
Posted this a few days ago no reply's so i'll try again:

Anyone who knows of any internet links to this kind of info please help, ta.

Ive just got back from a week in the Alpes, my first time out there, followed a couple of stages~Courchevel~Briancon, having tackled Alpe D'huex, Col du Sarrene, Courchevel, Col du Lauteret, the Galibier and having to ride The mountain of Hell (up to ski resort at Duex Alpe) every day, Im now even more gobsmacked at the abilities of these incredible riders, just wondered if anyone could fill me in on the achievements of some of the greats and what theyve accomplished in the Grand Tours.

I know this upsets a lot of people but I actually do think lance is a great rider but he seems to obviously remain focused on one event. I'm particularly keen to find out about other riders past and present and how they finished in the 3 major Tours, ie: Merckx Indurain Ullrich Hinault Rise Coppi the list goes on any help would be appreciated.

P.S anyone not been out to see the Tour or try the climbs, get out there it's fantastic.

Nice one mate, appreciate your help thanks.

Any links for Vuelta/Giro?

Dont want much do I.

I'd love to go to the alps and do all the big climbs, using a 30:25 maybe but it'd still be great fun to do the huge climbs like Alp D'Huez even if it did take me 3 hours.

Eldrack said:
I'd love to go to the alps and do all the big climbs, using a 30:25 maybe but it'd still be great fun to do the huge climbs like Alp D'Huez even if it did take me 3 hours.
Go for it, we paid about 35 quid for our flights to Grenoble + 20 for the bikes 75 for the digs and 259 for a 407 estate for a week.

Works out pretty cheap really and it's the best holiday ive ever had.
I had to have a triple fitted on my bike to help me up the climbs but i managed Alpe D'huez, Courchevel,Galibier and loads more so it was worth the extra expense.