Rider Insurance question

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by bfra1, Jan 16, 2004.

  1. bfra1

    bfra1 New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2003
    I'm loving my new Trek and continually increasing my total weekly mileage, however I'm wondering what sort of personal/injury insurance options a bike rider has.

    Currenlty I only have ambulance cover and I would like to know what my learned cycling forum friends would recommend.

    Tags:

  2. ftf

    ftf New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2003
    What state are you in?

    I know Bicycle Victoria cover this sort of thing exactly (have had to call on their services more than once), and I imagine (most) other states would have a similar organization??

  3. bfra1

    bfra1 New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2003
    I'm in Vic, so I'll definately check out Bicycle Vic to see what they have.

  4. Arpit

    Arpit Guest

    well if your a downhiller, check out some life insurance :)

    just kidding, i respect you guys, i went down about 100 steps today on a track to get to some
    singletrack on my hartail it was really difficult :/