Rider Transfers

Yes, I think he will ride his heart out in Varese. Of course, it is important for him as they race is in Italy, but also because he will be ticked off with QS and looking for a team. Should make for an interesting race...

Powerful Pete said:
Yes, I think he will ride his heart out in Varese. Of course, it is important for him as they race is in Italy, but also because he will be ticked off with QS and looking for a team. Should make for an interesting race...

I agree.
Bettini is a very classy rider........with a palmares to kill for.

I reckon that Paolo will go all out at the worlds for the win.

Any news in the Italian press as to where he might go to next season?

Not yet. I am very curious. He has not raced in Italy for a while - I would like it if he could sign for an Italian team. We shall see...

Ciolek almost certain to head to Milram now and Gerdemann might join him if the talks are successfull

Bro Deal said:
People thought that about the signing of Popo. We all saw how that worked out.

Now he has Dekker too:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2008/sep08/sep28news3

Velonews said:
--
Thomas Dekker has signed a two-year contract with the Belgian team Silence according to the De Telegraaf. The Dutchman has been linked with several teams since his departure from Rabobank, but he seems to have settled for the Belgium squad lead by Cadel Evans.
--

Gerdemann will end up with Milram - 95% sure of it.

Monfort has signed for 2 years with Columbia - good news. He fits our roster well.

Looks like Rogers will end up being leader now next year for the Tour.

Runitout said:
That's not what you said either before or during the Tour...
Well times change. Kirchen is a good GT rider, but not a rider that has enough to win a GT.

Michael Rogers next year will be looking good. Especially if Gerdemann goes which will more than likely happen.

Thats exactly what I was thinking, back with Uncle Johann to rediscover his "form".

Disregarding people's cynicism, here are potential candidates for the Astana Tour team of nine:

Alberto Contador
(Lance Armstrong)
(Chris Horner)
Andreas Kloden
Levi Leipheimer
Benjamin Noval
Yaroslav Popovych
(Jose Luis Rubiera)
(Tomas Vaitkus)
Haimar Zubeldia
(Probably one Kazak rider)

Wow, what a star-filled team! :p :cool:

Rolfrae said:
Popovych back with Astana. Seems he couldn't cope at Silence without the assistance of a team doping programme. What's the bets Johan "motivates" him back to his 2005 form.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/News_Astana_sign_Popovych_article_272114.html
Armstrong is gathering the riders the used to race with for a reason. He watns to trust as few new people as possible. The riders he used on Postal and Disco already know the details of the team doping program, so there is no more risk of them blabbing than there already is. It is a clear sign that he intends to ride the Giro doped to the eyeballs.