Rider Weight Limits

D'ohBoy

Guest
Saw a bigger guy - probably 225 - 240 lbs on one of those CR1's over
the weekend. Is he headed for trouble?

Sub-1 kg frames scare me - I have read stories of bigger guys *tearing*
the seat tube on Ghisallos (here?).

Just curious. I have been pondering the next project (have already
sold my last project) and considering materials, frames etc....

Carbon appears to be the next project, having done aluminum, steel, and
titanium -

D'ohBoy

I don't know for sure. I own a CR1 also and am 180 lbs. I am too heavy and
out of shape hope to get back to about 165. If the 225 lbs rider is very
smooth and doesn't hit many potholes and mash gears I suspect the CR1 will
hold up. Even at my weight I avoid punishing the bike like I do with my
others, e.g. bunny hops over rails at speed and jumping off curbs. I think
there is a reason the warrantee is only 3 years!

cel

news:[email protected]...