Rider Weight Limits

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by D'ohBoy, Jan 19, 2006.

  1. D'ohBoy

    D'ohBoy Guest

    Saw a bigger guy - probably 225 - 240 lbs on one of those CR1's over
    the weekend. Is he headed for trouble?

    Sub-1 kg frames scare me - I have read stories of bigger guys *tearing*
    the seat tube on Ghisallos (here?).

    Just curious. I have been pondering the next project (have already
    sold my last project) and considering materials, frames etc....

    Carbon appears to be the next project, having done aluminum, steel, and
    titanium -

    D'ohBoy

    Tags:

  2. Guest

    I don't know for sure. I own a CR1 also and am 180 lbs. I am too heavy and
    out of shape hope to get back to about 165. If the 225 lbs rider is very
    smooth and doesn't hit many potholes and mash gears I suspect the CR1 will
    hold up. Even at my weight I avoid punishing the bike like I do with my
    others, e.g. bunny hops over rails at speed and jumping off curbs. I think
    there is a reason the warrantee is only 3 years!

    cel

    news:[email protected]