Riders WEIGHT

simmoclayto

Oct 1, 2005
Hi Guys

I'm 5'10 or 177cm. I was wondering what would my target weight should be? I am currently about 75kgs at the lowest.. I would like to get to 72 or 73kgs.

Is there a website to look up target weights and stuff??
I know its more about how you feel and how fit you actually are......I guess i'd just like to know what my target weight should be!!

CHEERS

Well, on a health perspective, you can have a look at your Body mass index----------> Weight / (Height x Height)

NB weight in KG & Height in Metres.

You're probably looking around to having a BMI of 25... but as long as you're under 30 BMI, you're fine in terms of heart disease risk etc...

But i suppose it depends on whether you're trying to lose weight for health, look good, or to achieve cycling weight...

willocrew said:
Well, on a health perspective, you can have a look at your Body mass index----------> Weight / (Height x Height)

NB weight in KG & Height in Metres.

You're probably looking around to having a BMI of 25... but as long as you're under 30 BMI, you're fine in terms of heart disease risk etc...

But i suppose it depends on whether you're trying to lose weight for health, look good, or to achieve cycling weight...
Judging by his stats, he currently has a bmi of 23.9 and lowering his weight to 72 would give him a bmi of under 23. This means nothing if all of the weight is fat not muscle, also depends where the muscle is. I don't think you should ask us about losing weight. Consult yourself to see if you really do need to, or consult a doctor to see if it is healthy to do it. Good on you anyway :D. (BTW, I know a couple of climbers who have BMI of under 20, and a couple of sprinters whos bmi are over 25, but they are all excellent riders and a pleasure to ride with, so don't judge yourself on BMI)