Rides in S Georgia, North and Central Fla

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Greyfx2, Dec 4, 2003.

1. Greyfx2

Greyfx2 Guest

In 2 weeks, I'll be travelling through Atlanta to Jacksonville and possibly points south. I have
    time to stop enroute for a day or more of riding. Planning on 1 or 2 days on the Silver Comet Trail
    depending on the weather. Looking for rides of 25-50 miles ... safety a must, scenery a plus, speed
    is a non-issue. I am about 200 miles short of my 6500-mile goal for 2003.

Our TX arbr contributors gave me some very good suggestions for the Ft Worth area back in October.
    Any FL-GA folks have favorite places to ride??

TIA, DeVon Vision 44 USS (double Pantour)

Tags:

2. landon2

landon2 Guest

In Jacksonville, there is the Baldwin Rails to Trails that goes from Jacksonville to Baldwin- about
    15 miles one way. A nice ride, paved, wooded and open areas, some car crossings. A lot of people
    here ride it every day.

Chuck

On 05 Dec 2003 00:20:53 GMT, [email protected] (GreyFx2) wrote:

>In 2 weeks, I'll be travelling through Atlanta to Jacksonville and possibly points south. I have
    >time to stop enroute for a day or more of riding. Planning on 1 or 2 days on the Silver Comet Trail
    >depending on the weather. Looking for rides of 25-50 miles ... safety a must, scenery a plus, speed
    >is a non-issue. I am about 200 miles short of my 6500-mile goal for 2003.
    >
    >Our TX arbr contributors gave me some very good suggestions for the Ft Worth area back in October.
    >Any FL-GA folks have favorite places to ride??
    >
    >TIA, DeVon Vision 44 USS (double Pantour)

3. Hello Devon,

What are the dates that you will be in Jacksonville?

There are plenty of rides in Jacksonville. What is your AVS?

I probably can hook you up with some one.

We also have marking rides over at White Springs for a small century ride on Dec 14

I ride typically on Wednesdays, Sundays and Saturdays 13 to 16 AVS. I am closing in on my 4000 mile
    goal (V-Rex).

Dec 13-14 SECRET SANTA WEEKEND, White Springs, FL. Varied activities including a triple-loop century
    on Sunday. Suwannee Bicycle Association,
    P.O.Box 247, White Springs FL 32096. Call 386-454-3304. Email: [email protected] or go to
    http://www.suwanneebike.org

Our North Florida bike club link is www.nfbc.us .

---
    Thank you very much,

Father Time

4. Bentinfla

Bentinfla Guest

I'm one of those every day (almost) riders on the Jacksonville-Baldwin Rail Trail Chuck mentioned
    and I second his endorsement.

Also in the north part of the state are the Gainesville-Hawthorne Trail, Tallahassee-St. Marks and,
    more central, the really nice Withlacoochee State Trail.

5. Wise 64875

Wise 64875 Guest

there is a north central riding map of Florida. you can ride all around Gainesville without traffic