Rides/Routes in Port Aransas, TX?

Greg Jones

Guest
Hello,

This is a shot in the dark but anyone know a decent road
bike route around Port Aransas, TX? I will be there for
a few days with family so I will definately need some
"me" time.

Looks like 361 would be nice since it follows the coast but
is it safe for road bikes? Is some crazy fisherman going to
run me off the road?
:-D

Thanks!!

361 is a great route, particularly once you get out to the
peninsula. You can ride all the way to Mustang Island State
Park. As I recall, there's a substantial shoulder, or if
not, traffic wasn't that significant. Beautiful country.
Don't take 35 north - not worth the effort. You might also
want to consider driving (or biking if you are intrepid) to
south of Corpus and then taking Texas 43 or 70 east to King
Ranch - it's worth a visit. Maybe 43 out and 70 back so as
to not have to see the same scenery. You are more likely to
be eaten alive by the mosquitos than any fishermen. They bit
through my windbreaker.

Phil

news:<[email protected]>...