rides

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by mtnrider, May 4, 2005.

1. mtnrider

mtnrider New Member

to get this section going. What is your average ride time and length

Tags:

2. matt_aus

matt_aus New Member

it really depends on how I am feeling, the weather and how much time I have to ride.

I generally do 3 rides a week of around 18-20 km - that takes about an hour, I get out to xc trails once a weekend, usually do a distance similiar to race distance about 20-24km, that takes about 1.5-2 hrs depending on the type of circuit. I also try to get a good base ride in 45-50Km in about 2 hours.

I would love to do more to be able to race in higher grades but just do not have the time.

3. Born2bahick

Born2bahick New Member

Keep in mind I'm not fast! my average XC (what i call XC) ride is 45 miles and takes about 4 hours counting stops. My Trail rides are much shorter, and even slower! :D

4. Batesy

Batesy New Member

I average around 2 x 25 mile trips a week. I tend to take about 2-3 hrs (depending on wind strength).

I occasionally liek to stop somewhere halfway for lunch, if I deem the scenery to be worthy of a sit-and-look rather than just plugging through.

5. cydewaze

cydewaze New Member

I don't keep track of mileage on my mtn bike (guess I should get a comp, eh?) but when I ride, food/water is usually my limiting factor. I usually pull 3-5 hrs when I do my weekend rides, and by them I'm running low on one or both of those.

6. OCRoadie

OCRoadie New Member

Work days: 25 miles, around 1 - 1:20 hours
    Sundays: 70-120 miles, 3.5 - 7 hours

7. Cheesy

Cheesy New Member

I'm guessing from your name that you're talking about road biking? As we're in the XC section, how far are your rides when you go XC MTBing? If, of course, you average 40km/h on trails then I bow to the new king!

Well.....for me....I don't really know, but I'm limited by the length of the trails around here. Before work I climb a hill (on road), ride a couple of short trails at the top of the hill (maybe 30-40min?) then ride to work. All up around 1:30-2h. On weekends I might ride further afield, find some other trails, do a few laps, maybe spend 1 1/2hr off-road, and 3-4 on road to get to & from these places (at least most of the roads are nice... ) :)

8. mpm

mpm New Member

Hi,

the place where I´m living is flat (no hills). I ride on dusty roads on weekends and I ride 60 Km in 3 Hs. During the work days I take RPM classes (similar to spinning) twice a week and now I´m training on rollers 30 minutes twice a week.

Regards.

Marcelo

9. jabel119

jabel119 New Member

20-30mi taking 3-4 hours once a week. I'm more of a roadie and new to off road biking.