Riding a Hurricane

Cletus Lee

Guest
No not that one. Claudette. A driving rain took on new meaning this AM. A 'Driving Rain' is the
kind of rain when I opt to _not_ bike to work. Today was certainly one of those days. In spite of
being on the 'wet' side of Claudette, it looks like Houston dodged another bullet. My wife's
relatives to the South are catching the worst of it right about now. But I may be back on the bike
tomorrow AM Today was the day when I thought I would trip 3000 miles for the year. Claudette had
different plans.

- Bellaire, TX USA -

Too bad. I was picturing you pedaling in midair on your bike like the Wicked Witch in Kansas.

C.C.

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:05:13 -0500, Cletus Lee <[email protected]> wrote:

>No not that one. Claudette. A driving rain took on new meaning this AM. A 'Driving Rain' is the
>kind of rain when I opt to _not_ bike to work. Today was certainly one of those days. In spite of
>being on the 'wet' side of Claudette, it looks like Houston dodged another bullet.

Ditto, Corpus...especially our side of town. I got sent home from work at 9am and we've only had a
trace of wind.

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, Tx Home: http://home.stx.rr.com/dclary Never Forget:
http://www.politicsandprotest.org

I thought that Cleetus went over to the dark side and bought one of those low euro bikes. "Dave
Clary" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:05:13 -0500, Cletus Lee <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >No not that one. Claudette. A driving rain took on new meaning this AM. A 'Driving Rain' is
> >the kind
of rain when I opt to
> >_not_ bike to work. Today was certainly one of those days. In spite of
being on the 'wet'
> >side of Claudette, it looks like Houston dodged another bullet.
>
> Ditto, Corpus...especially our side of town. I got sent home from work at 9am and we've only had a
> trace of wind.
>
> Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, Tx Home: http://home.stx.rr.com/dclary Never Forget:
> http://www.politicsandprotest.org

news:[email protected]...

In article <[email protected]>, harv*no_spam*@spininternet.com says...
> Sorry about the extra e Cletus. "harv" <harv*no_spam*@spininternet.com> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I thought that Cleetus went over to the dark side and bought one of those

Well my name does have two "e's". Three actually.
- Bellaire, TX USA -

So it's ok with you if I spell it Cleetus Le? Next thing you know, Tom Sherman will be calling his
Tailwind a Rans. "Cletus D. Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, harv*no_spam*@spininternet.com says...
> > Sorry about the extra e Cletus. "harv" <harv*no_spam*@spininternet.com> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > I thought that Cleetus went over to the dark side and bought one of
those

> Well my name does have two "e's". Three actually.
> - Bellaire, TX USA -

In article <[email protected]>, harv*no_spam*@spininternet.com says...

> So it's ok with you if I spell it Cleetus Le? Next thing you know, Tom Sherman will be calling his
> Tailwind a Rans.

Let's just say I'm more forgiving of typos and grammar nuances than TOM.

- Bellaire, TX USA -