Riding a Hurricane

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Cletus Lee, Jul 15, 2003.

  1. Cletus Lee

    Cletus Lee Guest

    No not that one. Claudette. A driving rain took on new meaning this AM. A 'Driving Rain' is the
    kind of rain when I opt to _not_ bike to work. Today was certainly one of those days. In spite of
    being on the 'wet' side of Claudette, it looks like Houston dodged another bullet. My wife's
    relatives to the South are catching the worst of it right about now. But I may be back on the bike
    tomorrow AM Today was the day when I thought I would trip 3000 miles for the year. Claudette had
    different plans.

    - Bellaire, TX USA -

    Tags:

  2. Carol Cohen

    Carol Cohen Guest

    Too bad. I was picturing you pedaling in midair on your bike like the Wicked Witch in Kansas.

    C.C.

    > From: Cletus Lee <[email protected]> Newsgroups: alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003
    > 14:05:13 -0500 Subject: Riding a Hurricane
    >
    > No not that one. Claudette. A driving rain took on new meaning this AM. A 'Driving Rain' is the
    > kind of rain when I opt to _not_ bike to work. Today was certainly one of those days. In spite of
    > being on the 'wet' side of Claudette, it looks like Houston dodged another bullet. My wife's
    > relatives to the South are catching the worst of it right about now. But I may be back on the bike
    > tomorrow AM Today was the day when I thought I would trip 3000 miles for the year. Claudette had
    > different plans.

    > - Bellaire, TX USA -

  3. Dave Clary

    Dave Clary Guest

    On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:05:13 -0500, Cletus Lee <[email protected]> wrote:

    >No not that one. Claudette. A driving rain took on new meaning this AM. A 'Driving Rain' is the
    >kind of rain when I opt to _not_ bike to work. Today was certainly one of those days. In spite of
    >being on the 'wet' side of Claudette, it looks like Houston dodged another bullet.

    Ditto, Corpus...especially our side of town. I got sent home from work at 9am and we've only had a
    trace of wind.

    Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, Tx Home: http://home.stx.rr.com/dclary Never Forget:
    http://www.politicsandprotest.org

  4. Harv

    Harv Guest

    I thought that Cleetus went over to the dark side and bought one of those low euro bikes. "Dave
    Clary" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:05:13 -0500, Cletus Lee <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >No not that one. Claudette. A driving rain took on new meaning this AM. A 'Driving Rain' is
    > >the kind
    of rain when I opt to
    > >_not_ bike to work. Today was certainly one of those days. In spite of
    being on the 'wet'
    > >side of Claudette, it looks like Houston dodged another bullet.
    >
    > Ditto, Corpus...especially our side of town. I got sent home from work at 9am and we've only had a
    > trace of wind.
    >
    > Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, Tx Home: http://home.stx.rr.com/dclary Never Forget:
    > http://www.politicsandprotest.org

  5. Harv

    Harv Guest

    news:[email protected]...

  6. In article <[email protected]>, harv*no_spam*@spininternet.com says...
    > Sorry about the extra e Cletus. "harv" <harv*no_spam*@spininternet.com> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I thought that Cleetus went over to the dark side and bought one of those

    Well my name does have two "e's". Three actually.
    - Bellaire, TX USA -

  7. Harv

    Harv Guest

    So it's ok with you if I spell it Cleetus Le? Next thing you know, Tom Sherman will be calling his
    Tailwind a Rans. "Cletus D. Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>, harv*no_spam*@spininternet.com says...
    > > Sorry about the extra e Cletus. "harv" <harv*no_spam*@spininternet.com> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > I thought that Cleetus went over to the dark side and bought one of
    those

    > Well my name does have two "e's". Three actually.
    > - Bellaire, TX USA -

  8. Cletus Lee

    Cletus Lee Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, harv*no_spam*@spininternet.com says...

    > So it's ok with you if I spell it Cleetus Le? Next thing you know, Tom Sherman will be calling his
    > Tailwind a Rans.

    Let's just say I'm more forgiving of typos and grammar nuances than TOM.

    - Bellaire, TX USA -