riding after vasectomy

GG

Guest
Hey guys, I'll be going for the snip soon, unfortunately right at the start
of prime riding season around here.
If any of you had a vasectomy, how long did it keep you off your bike, and
was there any noticeable change in riding comfort later on? Or is this
pretty much a non-issue?

TIA
GG
--
Hey, what's this button for...vv55&C
x66h&52&

Why would you let yourself be neutered like a dog? Are you letting a
woman force you into this? If you are in a relationship tell her to
take the pill and stay a man!! Check out www.eunuch.org to see what
you are gettin into.

2 days or so depending on your comfort

[email protected] wrote:
> Why would you let yourself be neutered like a dog? Are you letting a
> woman force you into this? If you are in a relationship tell her to
> take the pill and stay a man!! Check out www.eunuch.org to see what
> you are gettin into.

"/Backpacker/ Dot Com" -- should we read anything into that, woman-hater?

Live and let snip...

BS

[email protected] wrote:
> Why would you let yourself be neutered like a dog? Are you letting a
> woman force you into this? If you are in a relationship tell her to
> take the pill and stay a man!! Check out www.eunuch.org to see what
> you are gettin into.

Thanks for sharing....what a nice way to start my morning. What the
hell does this have to do with having a vasectomy?

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Why would you let yourself be neutered like a dog? Are you letting a
> woman force you into this? If you are in a relationship tell her to
> take the pill and stay a man!! Check out www.eunuch.org to see what
> you are gettin into.

will somebody please explain to him the difference between a vasectomy and
castration, geez this list gets a little more weird every day.

di wrote:
>> will somebody please explain to him the difference between a

vasectomy and
> castration, geez this list gets a little more weird every day.

Vasectomy is the process of dividing the vas (the tube that delivers
the sperm from the testis to the prostate) in order to prevent
conception. It is the most common method of male contraception in this
country where about 500,000 vasectomies are done each year. Since
vasectomy simply interrupts the delivery of the sperm, it does not
change the hormonal function of the testis and sexual drive and ability
remain intact. Since most of the semen is composed of fluid from the
prostate, the semen will look the same. Vasectomy is thought to be free
of known long term side effects, and is considered to be the safest and
most reliable method of permanent male sterilization.

Castration....CUTTING THEIR BALLS OFF.

Does that explain it. There is a difference between what they do to a
dog, and what they do to a man. My dog was neuteured. NO BALLS!!!!
Poor Baby.

Maggie

GG wrote:
> Hey guys, I'll be going for the snip soon, unfortunately right at the start
> of prime riding season around here.
> If any of you had a vasectomy, how long did it keep you off your bike, and
> was there any noticeable change in riding comfort later on? Or is this
> pretty much a non-issue?

Been there, done that. You'll be off the bike for
2-3 days, and you'll probably never think about it
again after that. IMHO the key is to take it
really easy those first two days afterwards.

I'd rather have another vasectomy than have to go
get all 4 of my wisdom teeth taken out in a couple
of weeks. Anyone want to predict how long I'll be
off the bike for that? :)

--
Scott Johnson / scottjohnson at kc dot rr dot com

Scott Johnson wrote:
> I'd rather have another vasectomy than have to go
> get all 4 of my wisdom teeth taken out in a couple
> of weeks. Anyone want to predict how long I'll be
> off the bike for that? :)
>
> --
> Scott Johnson / scottjohnson at kc dot rr dot com

UUGGGHHHH, You are going to look like a chipmuck for about a week. If
you go out and ride..stay out of the woods. Those chipmucks might find
you very attractive.
Maggie.

"Maggie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> di wrote:
>>> will somebody please explain to him the difference between a

> vasectomy and
>> castration, geez this list gets a little more weird every day.

> Vasectomy is the process of dividing the vas (the tube that delivers
> the sperm from the testis to the prostate) in order to prevent
> conception. It is the most common method of male contraception in this
> country where about 500,000 vasectomies are done each year. Since
> vasectomy simply interrupts the delivery of the sperm, it does not
> change the hormonal function of the testis and sexual drive and ability
> remain intact. Since most of the semen is composed of fluid from the
> prostate, the semen will look the same. Vasectomy is thought to be free
> of known long term side effects, and is considered to be the safest and
> most reliable method of permanent male sterilization.
>
> Castration....CUTTING THEIR BALLS OFF.
>
> Does that explain it. There is a difference between what they do to a
> dog, and what they do to a man. My dog was neuteured. NO BALLS!!!!
> Poor Baby.
>
> Maggie

I hope the clown that posted against getting a vasectomy can understand
this,

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 10:23:38 -0400, Scott Johnson
<[email protected]> wrote:

>GG wrote:
>> Hey guys, I'll be going for the snip soon, unfortunately right at the start
>> of prime riding season around here.
>> If any of you had a vasectomy, how long did it keep you off your bike, and
>> was there any noticeable change in riding comfort later on? Or is this
>> pretty much a non-issue?

>Been there, done that. You'll be off the bike for
>2-3 days, and you'll probably never think about it
>again after that. IMHO the key is to take it
>really easy those first two days afterwards.
>
>I'd rather have another vasectomy than have to go
>get all 4 of my wisdom teeth taken out in a couple
>of weeks. Anyone want to predict how long I'll be
>off the bike for that? :)

Butch up, choad. ;-)

I was at work the next day after having all four out, still packed, biting
on gauze. The supervisor wouldn't even let me leave early though I was
spitting blood all day in the CMC box next to my lab bench. Lost about 5lbs
due to all the salivating in the first couple of days, ymmv.

Have some good pain meds. When the nov. wore off, Tylenol #3 didn't cut it,
meperidine didn't cut it (though it should have), ymmv.

jj

Check with your urologist. He/she has probably encountered this
situation before and can provide expert advice.

Joel

GG wrote:

>Hey guys, I'll be going for the snip soon, unfortunately right at the start
>of prime riding season around here.
>If any of you had a vasectomy, how long did it keep you off your bike, and
>was there any noticeable change in riding comfort later on? Or is this
>pretty much a non-issue?
>
>TIA
>GG

Your mileage may vary. I had all 4 of mine out, including two badly
impacted lowers that the surgeon had to crack into pieces to remove. I
had no visible swelling, and only mild (Tylenol type) pain. So maybe
you'll get lucky. I hope so.

My urologist said 5-14 days. I started on the bike after 7, and back
to normal riding after 10. After 3 weeks all sensitivity was gone. It
has been 3 months and there is absolutely no difference in riding now
than 6 months ago.

BTW, ignore the idiot who does not know the difference between
sterilization and castration; probably a good candidate for the latter
if his intelligence is as low as his posts imply.

- rick

I had my top wisdom teeth removed during finals week; took a final the
next morning then played a basketball game. They used a local
anesthetic due to the need for me to be lucid the next day for the
finals, but it was an emergency as they were impacted and I could not
open my mouth to eat, drink, etc.

The bottom one's were taken out the next week, under general
anesthetic, and I went skiing the day after.

But, everyone is different. YMMV.

I may have a repair of a double inguinal hernia - the one's all guys
are born with; surgeon says the main reason to repair is I am too
active and they need to protect me from injuring myself. He says that
I should be able to compete in the Olympics one week afterward; funny,
I am not fast enough for the Olympics now, wonder how that operation
will qualify me? ;-)

- rick

[email protected] wrote:
> I had my top wisdom teeth removed during finals week; took a final the
> next morning then played a basketball game. They used a local
> anesthetic due to the need for me to be lucid the next day for the
> finals, but it was an emergency as they were impacted and I could not
> open my mouth to eat, drink, etc.
>
> The bottom one's were taken out the next week, under general
> anesthetic, and I went skiing the day after.
>
> But, everyone is different. YMMV.
>
> I may have a repair of a double inguinal hernia - the one's all guys
> are born with; surgeon says the main reason to repair is I am too
> active and they need to protect me from injuring myself. He says that
> I should be able to compete in the Olympics one week afterward; funny,
> I am not fast enough for the Olympics now, wonder how that operation
> will qualify me? ;-)
>
> - rick

Heh,
I have you beat on the teeth. I had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled at 16 and
kissed my girlfriend that night after she was out of school. We wound up
having a bloody kiss and she almost fainted because I totally forgot
about the teeth when she showed up.

Why do all parents seem to think that wisdom teeth have to be pulled?

Bill Baka

It is not a question of parents thinking so in most cases. I was told
that I would NEVER need my pulled, then six months later woke up and
could not open my jaw because the teeth were impacted into the jaw bone
and prevented normal jaw function. It is usually clear in a full mouth
x-ray if the teeth will become an issue soon; if there is not room for
them without impacting the jaw or pushing other teeth to the side, then
they need to be pulled.

BTW, I am not sure that kissing a girl trumps playing a full 60 minutes
of full contact basketball.

- rick