Riding again, at last!

rob.northcott wrote:
> *That's weird - somebody said almost the same thing to me last
> weekend. I was riding in the New Forest and a mountain biker said
> "you'd be buggered if you get a puncture on that" as he passed. I
> thought about it for a bit, but still don't get it... Was he
> suggesting that he could continue his trip on the remaining wheel of
> his bike if one was punctured?!
>
> Rob *

I've recently had the 'puncture' comment as well.

I think it's finally filtered through to the general public that the
'Your wheels missing/been stolen/fallen off....' range of 'jokes' are
totally unoriginal and unfunny; and are reaching out for new material.

--
onewheeldave - Semi Skilled Unicyclist

"He's also been known to indulge in a spot of flame juggling - but it's
the Muni that really fires him up."

onewheeldave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/874

Thanks to everyone who's taken the trouble to welcome me back and ask
after me.

As some of you will remember, my stepmother was terminally ill late last
year, and of course that occupied much of my time. She passed away
peacefully in her sleep in November. By then, it was the start of the
run up to Christmas, and time was at a premium, and the unicycling fell
by the wayside.

Then in mid December, I took a hard blow to a rib when fencing and I
suspect I cracked it. That put me on gentle exercise only for a few
weeks. I did get a coule of half-hearted rides in, but that was it.

Fencing has become a major part of my life, and I'm fencing two or three
nights a week - usually foil, but I'm now doing epée as well. The
Morris dancing, as always, takes priority over all other sports.
Meanwhile, work has gone through a difficult time, with my employers
introducing Completely Random Action Plans and Special High Intensity
Training at regular intervals.

Still, the unicycles are always there,staring at me accusingly. It was
good to get out and ride on Tuesday, and I know I will be riding at
least once a week most weeks for the rest of the season. With the
fencing being such a big thing, I'll never be back to the 3 or 4 nights
of riding a week that I used to do, so I'll be concentrating on quality
of riding experience rather than speed, distance and time. Those of you
who like the write ups can look forward to more.

--
Mikefule - The first cuckoo of unicycling

Sumer is icomen in, loud sing Mikefule!

[...]

Great to have you back, Mike.

You should have pointed out to the young lady that you were just a
harmless pedal-phile. Okay, maybe not. ...or pedant-phile?

Scott

--
S_Wallis - MUni Motivated

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn
how to do it." Pablo Picasso
S_Wallis's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1520