Riding around Branson, MO?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by David Kerber, May 3, 2004.

  1. David Kerber

    David Kerber Guest

    I asked this in .rides last week, but didn't get a single response, so
    I'll try .misc.

    I'm going to be spending a week later this summer in Branson, MO, and am
    wondering if it's worth bringing my road bike along. Is there any place
    decent to ride on the roads?

    If I had a MTB, I'm sure there's plenty of that in the national forest,
    but I don't.

    No need to comment on the weather; I went to school in Rolla, and am
    well aware of what the weather is like in late July and early August!

    newsgroups if possible).

    Tags:

  2. Top Sirloin

    Top Sirloin Guest

    David Kerber wrote:

    > I'm going to be spending a week later this summer in Branson, MO, and am
    > wondering if it's worth bringing my road bike along. Is there any place
    > decent to ride on the roads?
    >
    > If I had a MTB, I'm sure there's plenty of that in the national forest,
    > but I don't.
    >
    > No need to comment on the weather; I went to school in Rolla, and am
    > well aware of what the weather is like in late July and early August!

    I visit Springfield a lot, but rarely get down to
    Branson. However it looks like there are some good
    loops down there from the maps I have. Email me
    and I'll scan them in for you.

    --
    Scott Johnson / scottjohnson at kc dot rr dot com

  3. Mike Schwab

    Mike Schwab Guest

    http://mobikefed.org/moclubs.html

    David Kerber wrote:
    <snip>
    > I'm going to be spending a week later this summer in Branson, MO, and am
    > wondering if it's worth bringing my road bike along. Is there any place
    > decent to ride on the roads?

    <sinp>

  4. B.I.

    B.I. Guest

    David Kerber <[email protected]_ids.net> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I asked this in .rides last week, but didn't get a single response, so
    > I'll try .misc.
    >

    > I'm going to be spending a week later this summer in Branson, MO, and am
    > wondering if it's worth bringing my road bike along. Is there any place
    > decent to ride on the roads?
    >
    > If I had a MTB, I'm sure there's plenty of that in the national forest,
    > but I don't.
    >
    > No need to comment on the weather; I went to school in Rolla, and am
    > well aware of what the weather is like in late July and early August!

    I used to ride in Busiek St. Park in college (between Springfield and
    Branson). Just enter <branson, missouri, mountain biking> into a
    search engine. Here is a link with some trail info:
    http://www.trektheozarks.com/Pages/Mountain.htm