Riding around Lake Luzerne

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides archive' started by Cmac, Jul 23, 2003.

  1. Cmac

    Cmac Guest

    I will be in the Lake Luzerne area this weekend. Please let me know of some good routes in the 50
    mile range. Climbs are fine. Good pavement is a plus. Thanks

    Tags:

  2. CMac wrote:
    > I will be in the Lake Luzerne area this weekend. Please let me know of some good routes in the 50
    > mile range. Climbs are fine. Good pavement is a plus. Thanks

    I assume by road... The Brunig pass is quite nice, but you'll have to do half of the ride by train.
    In this case, you might continue until Meiringen and take the train there (or revert the trip, take
    the train up to Meiringen and then ride back to Luzern.

    On the lake itself, the region of Hergiswil is quite nice...

    Watch out for the weather. Forecast is not very good, particularly Saturday.

    Take care,
    --
    Roberto Divia` Love at first sight is one of the greatest
    ============= labour-saving devices the world has ever seen.