Recumbent bicycles · Public discussion

Riding at Lake Tahoe

Started by Mark D. Gregory · · Last activity · 5 posts · 429 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Recumbent bicycles
Published
15 June 2004
Last activity
17 June 2004
Original author
Mark D. Gregory
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
429
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm going to Tahoe for a week just after Labor Day and am interested in
    taking my bike with me. I heard somewhere that there is a paved multi-use
    path around the lake, but don't find anything online. Is this just a rumor,
    or have the online sites not caught up yet? Any input would be welcome.

    Thanks

    Mark

  2. Quoted message said:

    I heard somewhere that there is a paved multi-use
    path around the lake, but don't find anything online. Is this just a rumor,

    Did a google search. There is a triathalon there in October. Pics of last years
    race and they show a paved(macadam) path around the lake.
    http://www.laketahoemarathon.com/indexframes.html . Goto 2003 photos

  3. Is this what you're thinking of? http://www.tahoerimtrail.org/trail_page.htm

    Kathy A.

    "Mark D. Gregory" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:cuuzc.4177$0z6.3363@fed1read07...

    Quoted message said:

    I'm going to Tahoe for a week just after Labor Day and am interested in
    taking my bike with me. I heard somewhere that there is a paved multi-use
    path around the lake, but don't find anything online. Is this just a


    rumor,

    Quoted message said:

    or have the online sites not caught up yet? Any input would be welcome.

    Thanks

    Mark

  4. No, that's not what I'm looking for. That appears to be a hiking trail,
    often sand surface (which would make it a bit rough on a LWB-USS bike).

    Mark
    "Kathy Applebaum" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Is this what you're thinking of?


    http://www.tahoerimtrail.org/trail_page.htm

    Quoted message said:


    Kathy A.

    "Mark D. Gregory" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:cuuzc.4177$0z6.3363@fed1read07...

    Quoted message said:

    I'm going to Tahoe for a week just after Labor Day and am interested in
    taking my bike with me. I heard somewhere that there is a paved


    multi-use

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    path around the lake, but don't find anything online. Is this just a


    rumor,

    Quoted message said:

    or have the online sites not caught up yet? Any input would be welcome.

    Thanks

    Mark

  5. If you're a strong Advanced (capital A!) rider, you can ride the roads
    all around the lake, it's 73 miles (google the annual "ride big blue"
    for more info).

    Their are no paved bike trails all the way around the lake, just in
    the following parts:

    Truckee River Bike Path - 9 Miles - Beautiful, follows the sedate
    Truckee River, you'll be tempted to do what I did which was ditch the
    rental bike and rent a tube! Trailhead is in Tahoe City.

    West Lake Tahoe Bike Path - 20 3/4 Miles - Some highway shoulder use
    is required. Tahoe City to Sugar Pine Point State Park. You'll
    encounter some sharp bends and little hills that might be difficult to
    negotiate on a bent.

    South Lake Bike Path - 6 1/2 Miles - City of South Lake Tahoe - Very
    busy, lots of walkers.

    Lakeshore Boulevard Bike Path - 6 1/4 Miles in Incline Village

    Good luck!

    Mark D. Gregory said:

    No, that's not what I'm looking for. That appears to be a hiking trail,
    often sand surface (which would make it a bit rough on a LWB-USS bike).

    Mark
    "Kathy Applebaum" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Is this what you're thinking of?


    http://www.tahoerimtrail.org/trail_page.htm

    Quoted message said:


    Kathy A.

    "Mark D. Gregory" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:cuuzc.4177$0z6.3363@fed1read07...

    Quoted message said:

    I'm going to Tahoe for a week just after Labor Day and am interested in
    taking my bike with me. I heard somewhere that there is a paved


    multi-use

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    path around the lake, but don't find anything online. Is this just a


    rumor,

    Quoted message said:

    or have the online sites not caught up yet? Any input would be welcome.

    Thanks

    Mark


Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.