Riding clipless pedals with street shoes?

baldingboy

Jun 8, 2012
Hey all,

I'm a college student who doesn't ride as much as I used to (just don't have as much time as I I'd like!) and so I've been trying to find a safer, easier way to ride my old clipless pedals with my street shoes.

I came across a product that is looking to get on the market currently, which you can also look at here: http://www.fundable.com/bikedabs. I'm considering taking a pre-order on the product, but before I do, I'm wondering if anyone knows of a product like this already on the market?

Thanks!

It looks ok. I guess the big deal is the way gravity holds them grip side up. It seems to me that a small plastic platform with or without a half toe clip that could fit into an SPD or road pedal would be pretty simple. I know there are some like that which include full toe clips.

I have also seen some people use winwood decksters, but they aren't nearly as stable. They flip over.

You can get some platform pedals from less than $ 10.00.
Couple turns with the 15 mm wrench later, you can ride your bike in snow boots if you want to.

You can buy clip in platforms at most any bike store. They have them for people to test ride bikes with clipless pedals by people with regular shoes on. They probably cost only a few dollars. And yeah, platform pedals can be boughtf or about $10.

Loco

Originally Posted by Hugh Juunit .

Two posts with a differing stories with links to two questionable "fundable" products. You seem like a shill to me.
Agree! Sounds like someone is trying to boost their crowdfunding and/or get some market research out of us. And if so, why not just be honest about your intentions?

In any case, I'll contribute by saying I don't think anyone who is serious to have clipless pedals is going to spend the money for and time putting on and off bikedabs. Anyone not serious enough will simply put on platform pedals. Is there a market? Yes. Is it big? Nope.

Good luck.