Riding East from CDG airport

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides archive' started by Joe Nordic, May 4, 2003.

  1. Joe Nordic

    Joe Nordic Guest

    I'm planning to fly into CDG airport in Paris on a Saturday morning, and ride east into the
    countryside directly from there. I have the Michelin 1:200,000 map of the area, and it shows low
    traffic roads close by. But it does not have a detailed map of the airport itself.

    Has anyone done this? Looking for any advice or things to avoid.

    Thanks.

    Joe

    Tags:

  2. Mad Monks

    Mad Monks Guest

    On Sun, 04 May 2003 13:26:16 GMT, "Joe Nordic" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I'm planning to fly into CDG airport in Paris on a Saturday morning, and ride east into the
    >countryside directly from there. I have the Michelin 1:200,000 map of the area, and it shows low
    >traffic roads close by. But it does not have a detailed map of the airport itself.
    >
    >Has anyone done this? Looking for any advice or things to avoid.

    Can't say I've ridden around CDG ona bike but the roadways - though they may appear small (white)
    are anything but. They are still quite busy with heavy traffic. You can/hav to ride on the road out
    of the CDG terminals. The trick is to head N/E in the opposite direction of Paris (there are 2 ways
    out fo the airport).