riding FAQ

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Lok, Mar 4, 2003.

  1. Lok

    Lok Guest

    Is there an FAQ available?

    Thanks!

    Tags:

  2. Pete

    Pete Guest

  3. Joel Mayes

    Joel Mayes Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Pete wrote:

    > "lok" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> Is there an FAQ available?
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >
    > Sure.
    >
    > 1. Buy a bike
    > 2. Ride
    > 3. Repeat step 2
    >
    > Pete

    ROFLMAO :) :) :) :)

    That would make a great .sig

    --
    First they ignore you, | Gandhi, being prophetic about Linux. then they laugh at | then they fight
    you, | Joel Mayes then you win. | Sourcemage GNU/Linux

  4. >Is there an FAQ available?

    >Thanks!

    I'm not sure if there is. But, if you want general good information on cycling, one of the best
    sites on the web is, IMHO, www.sheldonbrown.com Similarly, for those of us on the other side of the
    pond, there's http://www.myra-simon.com/bike/

    Hope this helps a bit.

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  5. Pete <[email protected]> wrote:

    > 1. Buy a bike
    > 2. Ride
    > 3. Repeat step 2

    However, if you want to be like Fabrizio:

    1. Buy a bike
    2. Ride
    3. Go to step 1

    Step 2 is optional.

    -as

  6. Peter Cole

    Peter Cole Guest

  7. >yes, google for it

    And in a spirit of friendship and welcome, here is the URL

    http://www.faqs.org/faqs/by-newsgroup/rec/rec.bicycles.misc.html

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  8. Mike S.

    Mike S. Guest

    "George F. Johnson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > >[email protected] (wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter)
    >
    > >And in a spirit of friendship and welcome, here is the URL
    > >
    > >http://www.faqs.org/faqs/by-newsgroup/rec/rec.bicycles.misc.html
    > >
    > >Cheers, helen s
    > >

    > And here's hoping the other posts don't start someone else thinking that
    bikers
    > are arrogant bastards.
    >
    > George F. Johnson

    You obviously don't read rec.bicycles.racing! Then you wouldn't have to wonder...

    Mike

  9. Gary Smiley

    Gary Smiley Guest

    This goes to show (and it's happened to me before) that somebody asking for one precise bit of
    information can get many replies, set off flame wars, etc. Only one reply would have been
    sufficient- the link to the FAQ.

    "George F. Johnson" wrote:

    > >[email protected] (wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter)
    >
    > >And in a spirit of friendship and welcome, here is the URL
    > >
    > >http://www.faqs.org/faqs/by-newsgroup/rec/rec.bicycles.misc.html
    > >
    > >Cheers, helen s
    > >

    > And here's hoping the other posts don't start someone else thinking that bikers are arrogant
    > bastards.
    >
    > George F. Johnson

  10. Mike S.

    Mike S. Guest

    "Gary Smiley" <gas[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > This goes to show (and it's happened to me before) that somebody asking
    for one
    > precise bit of information can get many replies, set off flame wars, etc.
    Only one
    > reply would have been sufficient- the link to the FAQ.

    Where's the fun in that??

    Mike

    > "George F. Johnson" wrote:
    >
    > > >[email protected] (wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter)
    > >
    > > >And in a spirit of friendship and welcome, here is the URL
    > > >
    > > >http://www.faqs.org/faqs/by-newsgroup/rec/rec.bicycles.misc.html
    > > >
    > > >Cheers, helen s
    > > >

    > > And here's hoping the other posts don't start someone else thinking that
    bikers
    > > are arrogant bastards.
    > >
    > > George F. Johnson

  11. Rick

    Rick Guest

  12. Bernie

    Bernie Guest

    Gary Smiley wrote:

    > This goes to show (and it's happened to me before) that somebody asking for one precise bit of
    > information can get many replies, set off flame wars, etc. Only one reply would have been
    > sufficient- the link to the FAQ.
    >
    > "George F. Johnson" wrote:
    >
    > > >[email protected] (wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter)
    > >
    > > >And in a spirit of friendship and welcome, here is the URL
    > > >
    > > >http://www.faqs.org/faqs/by-newsgroup/rec/rec.bicycles.misc.html
    > > >
    > > >Cheers, helen s
    > > >

    > > And here's hoping the other posts don't start someone else thinking that bikers are arrogant
    > > bastards.
    > >
    > > George F. Johnson

    Hello GS! I am sure you would have a point if a news group was a customer service counter. It's not
    tho. More like a relief valve for a portion of cycling's humanity.

    Best regards, and good luck! Bernie

  13. Peter Cole

    Peter Cole Guest

    "Rick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Peter Cole" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > "lok" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > Is there an FAQ available?
    > > >

    > > yes, google for it
    >
    > That's a stupid answer to a simple, legitimate question.
    >
    > Rick

    Really? Do you think it presumes too much to think that posters know how to use a search engine?
    There are several bicycle FAQs, and among those, several are served at different sites. Simply
    typing "bicycle FAQ" will bring up all those links. Thanks for the warmth.