riding FAQ

In article <[email protected]>, Pete wrote:

> "lok" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> Is there an FAQ available?
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> Sure.
>
> 1. Buy a bike
> 2. Ride
> 3. Repeat step 2
>
> Pete

ROFLMAO :) :) :) :)

That would make a great .sig

--
First they ignore you, | Gandhi, being prophetic about Linux. then they laugh at | then they fight
you, | Joel Mayes then you win. | Sourcemage GNU/Linux

>Is there an FAQ available?
>
>Thanks!

I'm not sure if there is. But, if you want general good information on cycling, one of the best
sites on the web is, IMHO, www.sheldonbrown.com Similarly, for those of us on the other side of the
pond, there's http://www.myra-simon.com/bike/

Hope this helps a bit.

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

Pete <[email protected]> wrote:

> 1. Buy a bike
> 2. Ride
> 3. Repeat step 2

However, if you want to be like Fabrizio:

1. Buy a bike
2. Ride
3. Go to step 1

Step 2 is optional.

-as

"George F. Johnson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >[email protected] (wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter)
>
> >And in a spirit of friendship and welcome, here is the URL
> >
> >http://www.faqs.org/faqs/by-newsgroup/rec/rec.bicycles.misc.html
> >
> >Cheers, helen s
> >

> And here's hoping the other posts don't start someone else thinking that
bikers
> are arrogant bastards.
>
> George F. Johnson

You obviously don't read rec.bicycles.racing! Then you wouldn't have to wonder...

Mike

This goes to show (and it's happened to me before) that somebody asking for one precise bit of
information can get many replies, set off flame wars, etc. Only one reply would have been
sufficient- the link to the FAQ.

"George F. Johnson" wrote:

> >[email protected] (wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter)
>
> >And in a spirit of friendship and welcome, here is the URL
> >
> >http://www.faqs.org/faqs/by-newsgroup/rec/rec.bicycles.misc.html
> >
> >Cheers, helen s
> >

> And here's hoping the other posts don't start someone else thinking that bikers are arrogant
> bastards.
>
> George F. Johnson

"Gary Smiley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> This goes to show (and it's happened to me before) that somebody asking
for one
> precise bit of information can get many replies, set off flame wars, etc.
Only one
> reply would have been sufficient- the link to the FAQ.

Where's the fun in that??

Mike

Gary Smiley wrote:

> This goes to show (and it's happened to me before) that somebody asking for one precise bit of
> information can get many replies, set off flame wars, etc. Only one reply would have been
> sufficient- the link to the FAQ.
>
> "George F. Johnson" wrote:
>
> > >[email protected] (wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter)
> >
> > >And in a spirit of friendship and welcome, here is the URL
> > >
> > >http://www.faqs.org/faqs/by-newsgroup/rec/rec.bicycles.misc.html
> > >
> > >Cheers, helen s
> > >

> > And here's hoping the other posts don't start someone else thinking that bikers are arrogant
> > bastards.
> >
> > George F. Johnson

Hello GS! I am sure you would have a point if a news group was a customer service counter. It's not
tho. More like a relief valve for a portion of cycling's humanity.

Best regards, and good luck! Bernie

"Rick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Peter Cole" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "lok" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > Is there an FAQ available?
> > >

> > yes, google for it
>
> That's a stupid answer to a simple, legitimate question.
>
> Rick

Really? Do you think it presumes too much to think that posters know how to use a search engine?
There are several bicycle FAQs, and among those, several are served at different sites. Simply
typing "bicycle FAQ" will bring up all those links. Thanks for the warmth.