Riding Glasses with Interchangeable Lenses...

meehs

Nov 7, 2003
I have an older pair of Smith Sliders. They're probably about the first ones that Smith came out with. They're getting kind of ratty and I've lost one of my lenses, etc.. So I'm thinking of getting a new pair. I really like the ability to swap-out the lenses for different weather conditions.

I bought my wife a new pair of Smith Sliders for Chrsitmas and they seem really nice. I'm thinking about just getting a new pair of Sliders for myself too but when I started really looking, I noticed that there are a lot of manufacturers offering glasses with various interchangeable lens systems (Smith, Oakly, Bolle, Briko, etc.)...

So anyway, before I lay-down my hard earned cash, I wanted to see if anyone here has any recommendations? Thanks!

Well Meehs,

If you don't have a lot of $$, and you can get to SA. Then I would recommend you get D'arcs.

As far as I know they are only in SA. Very durable, good looking, and aftersales service is excellent. I have a pair which came with 3 lenses

a) Clear
b) Night
c) Normal shades.

So far, have not yet had a complaint with them.

go rudy project, heaps of styles, not too dear, heaps of lenses and they replace scratched lenses for free

I have RP Kerosene glasses and they look fast. In very cold days they get sometimes foggy, which isnt good.

last summer I got Ryders with 3 interchangeable lenses, not too expensive and pretty comfortable!

great deal so far for me

Oakleys are fantastic lenses the best I have ever used, very comfortable to wear light etc.

Well worth the money

I had a pair of RD kerosenes. Which were awesome, until I lost them. But the good news was that I replaced them with a pair of RD Tayos, which are even better. But definitely not for everyone, as they are, well...very essentric, unlike the more conservative and classic Kerosenes.

I have a pair of Bolle which have four colours of lenses plus they take a prescription insert so that I can ride without contact lenses if I need to. First pair didnt fit too well and they replaced them for free.

I'm hard on glasses and a pretty cheap guy. I use Performance Bike shop shades. A tad over $35 and they come with a nice case and three sets of interchangable lenses (Grey/Yellow/Clear). They are available in a number of styles as well.