Riding in NYC?

izzodesh

Aug 2, 2003
I am gonna join the century club out in nyc but wonderin who all rides in NYC and where is a good place to ride during the week?
I know central is great on weekends, but during the week do u use battery park or....?

Originally posted by izzodesh
I am gonna join the century club out in nyc but wonderin who all rides in NYC and where is a good place to ride during the week?
I know central is great on weekends, but during the week do u use battery park or....?

if you like you can go out to forest park in queens or flushing meadows which is really nice. ususally throughout queens i ride almost everywhere and its a nice area since there aren't too many cars as well as alot of parks and poen roads.

if you like you can go out to forest park in queens or flushing meadows which is really nice. usually throughout queens i ride almost everywhere and its a nice area since there aren't too many cars as well as alot of parks and poen roads.

if you like you can go out to forest park in queens or flushing meadows which is really nice. usually throughout queens i ride almost everywhere and its a nice area since there aren't too many cars as well as alot of parks and open roads.

u up to meet up some time and go riding?
i will be there starting end of may..
most ppl say prospect park..

yea, i'd be down for that. i also have a few friends who are probably gonna ride with me. any time this summer would be cool with me.

In the early 80's , I did the 5 Boro Bike Tour 2 yrs in a row.
Is it still held? Do you participate? Is it still as fun as it used to be?

Doug

Metro North has been fairly bike friendly. You can ride one of the trains out of the city and cycle in Westchester and Putnam counties. It's beautiful up here.

djrocker257 said:
In the early 80's , I did the 5 Boro Bike Tour 2 yrs in a row.
Is it still held? Do you participate? Is it still as fun as it used to be?

Doug

i remember hearing bout that 5 boro tour; haven't participated in it though. i would definitely do it if it was still around. i know there are plenty of other tours that are smaller.

you can ride up in the bronx to Rye NY. Good ride ! you can also do the Gimble's Ride ,if they still do it as well as the George Washington Bridge ride to Bear Mountain. the Long Island ride out to East hampton ..LONG RIDE here.

S/F,
CEYA!

CyclistNYC said:
Definitely Prospect Park in Brooklyn.