Riding in SC end of March

Robert Schultz

Guest
Hi:

Thinking of heading down to South Carolina at the end of March. Has
anyone got any recommendations for rides? Are the trails ok to ride in
the spring? Strictly road?

Has anyone ridden the Blue Ridge Parkway?

RS

Robert Schultz wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Thinking of heading down to South Carolina at the end of March. Has
> anyone got any recommendations for rides? Are the trails ok to ride in
> the spring? Strictly road?
>
> Has anyone ridden the Blue Ridge Parkway?

Try Tsali over in NC. A friend of mine owns a campground about six
miles away. Even though they advertise as a motorcycle oriented
campground, they also cater to mountain bikers. I've been down on my
motorcycle and next time I'm taking my mountain bike.

http://www.kickstandlodge.com/

Dave

[email protected]

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability
for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams

Robert Schultz wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Thinking of heading down to South Carolina at the end of March. Has
> anyone got any recommendations for rides? Are the trails ok to ride in
> the spring? Strictly road?
>
> Has anyone ridden the Blue Ridge Parkway?
>
> RS

The best riding in SC is on a cruiser bike in Myrtle Beach during
Spring Break.

JD

> Robert Schultz wrote:
>> Hi:
>>
>> Thinking of heading down to South Carolina at the end of March. Has
>> anyone got any recommendations for rides? Are the trails ok to ride in
>> the spring? Strictly road?
>>
>> Has anyone ridden the Blue Ridge Parkway?
>>
>> RS

> The best riding in SC is on a cruiser bike in Myrtle Beach during
> Spring Break.
>
> JD

Just remember you daughter isn't that far away in age when you're looking
while cruising....

Gary (cursed or blessed ??? with two aging daughters....)

GeeDubb wrote:
> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Robert Schultz wrote:
> >> Hi:
> >>
> >> Thinking of heading down to South Carolina at the end of March. Has
> >> anyone got any recommendations for rides? Are the trails ok to ride in
> >> the spring? Strictly road?
> >>
> >> Has anyone ridden the Blue Ridge Parkway?
> >>
> >> RS

> > The best riding in SC is on a cruiser bike in Myrtle Beach during
> > Spring Break.
> >
> > JD
> >

> Just remember you daughter isn't that far away in age when you're looking
> while cruising....
>
> Gary (cursed or blessed ??? with two aging daughters....)

My post didn't have a pervish bend to it as much as a dig on how flat
SC is in general.

JD

> GeeDubb wrote:
>> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>> > The best riding in SC is on a cruiser bike in Myrtle Beach during
>> > Spring Break.
>> >
>> > JD
>> >

>> Just remember you daughter isn't that far away in age when you're looking
>> while cruising....
>>
>> Gary (cursed or blessed ??? with two aging daughters....)

> My post didn't have a pervish bend to it as much as a dig on how flat
> SC is in general.
>
> JD

Well we know where my mind is then don't we? :)

What are you doing up so early?

Gary(or haven't you gone to bed yet?)

JD wrote:
> GeeDubb wrote:
>> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> The best riding in SC is on a cruiser bike in Myrtle Beach during
>>> Spring Break.
>>>
>>> JD
>>>

>> Just remember you daughter isn't that far away in age when you're looking
>> while cruising....
>>
>> Gary (cursed or blessed ??? with two aging daughters....)

> My post didn't have a pervish bend to it as much as a dig on how flat
> SC is in general.
>
> JD

And sandy! Very sandy! Bleh!

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

> Robert Schultz wrote:
> > Hi:
> >
> > Thinking of heading down to South Carolina at the end of March. Has
> > anyone got any recommendations for rides? Are the trails ok to ride in
> > the spring? Strictly road?
> >
> > Has anyone ridden the Blue Ridge Parkway?
> >
> > RS

> The best riding in SC is on a cruiser bike in Myrtle Beach during
> Spring Break.

Word!

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC USA

> JD

try Cowpens National Battleground Park. It has a one-way paved 3 mile
loop around the battleground that is not crowded. They also have an easy
unpaved 2 mile nature trail that horses, hikers, mtber's can all use. It
is located on Highway 11 between Chesnee and Gaffney SC.

GeeDubb wrote:
> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > GeeDubb wrote:
> >> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...

> >> Just remember you daughter isn't that far away in age when you're looking
> >> while cruising....
> >>
> >> Gary (cursed or blessed ??? with two aging daughters....)

> > My post didn't have a pervish bend to it as much as a dig on how flat
> > SC is in general.
> >
> > JD
> >

> Well we know where my mind is then don't we? :)
>
> What are you doing up so early?
>
> Gary(or haven't you gone to bed yet?)

I was smoking a bowl of Froot Loops. This morning I'm mainlining a
bagel.

JD

> GeeDubb wrote:
>> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>> > My post didn't have a pervish bend to it as much as a dig on how flat
>> > SC is in general.
>> >
>> > JD
>> >

>> Well we know where my mind is then don't we? :)
>>
>> What are you doing up so early?
>>
>> Gary(or haven't you gone to bed yet?)

> I was smoking a bowl of Froot Loops. This morning I'm mainlining a
> bagel.
>
> JD

My wife decided she wanted to do the "South Beach" diet so of COURSE
I have to help her......................... Life sucks right now! It sure is
an easy
way to lighten my bike though.

The good news is I'm earning huge weekend pass points for ride time.

BTW, no joy on Hemo to date. I'll try again in a few days.

l8r

Marty