Riding in SC end of March

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Robert Schultz, Mar 7, 2006.

  1. Hi:

    Thinking of heading down to South Carolina at the end of March. Has
    anyone got any recommendations for rides? Are the trails ok to ride in
    the spring? Strictly road?

    Has anyone ridden the Blue Ridge Parkway?

    RS

    Tags:

  2. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Robert Schultz wrote:
    > Hi:
    >
    > Thinking of heading down to South Carolina at the end of March. Has
    > anyone got any recommendations for rides? Are the trails ok to ride in
    > the spring? Strictly road?
    >
    > Has anyone ridden the Blue Ridge Parkway?

    Try Tsali over in NC. A friend of mine owns a campground about six
    miles away. Even though they advertise as a motorcycle oriented
    campground, they also cater to mountain bikers. I've been down on my
    motorcycle and next time I'm taking my mountain bike.

    http://www.kickstandlodge.com/

    Dave

    [email protected]

    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability
    for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams

  3. JD

    JD Guest

    Robert Schultz wrote:
    > Hi:
    >
    > Thinking of heading down to South Carolina at the end of March. Has
    > anyone got any recommendations for rides? Are the trails ok to ride in
    > the spring? Strictly road?
    >
    > Has anyone ridden the Blue Ridge Parkway?
    >
    > RS

    The best riding in SC is on a cruiser bike in Myrtle Beach during
    Spring Break.

    JD

  4. GeeDubb

    GeeDubb Guest

    > Robert Schultz wrote:
    >> Hi:
    >>
    >> Thinking of heading down to South Carolina at the end of March. Has
    >> anyone got any recommendations for rides? Are the trails ok to ride in
    >> the spring? Strictly road?
    >>
    >> Has anyone ridden the Blue Ridge Parkway?
    >>
    >> RS

    > The best riding in SC is on a cruiser bike in Myrtle Beach during
    > Spring Break.
    >
    > JD

    Just remember you daughter isn't that far away in age when you're looking
    while cruising....

    Gary (cursed or blessed ??? with two aging daughters....)

  5. JD

    JD Guest

    GeeDubb wrote:
    > "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > Robert Schultz wrote:
    > >> Hi:
    > >>
    > >> Thinking of heading down to South Carolina at the end of March. Has
    > >> anyone got any recommendations for rides? Are the trails ok to ride in
    > >> the spring? Strictly road?
    > >>
    > >> Has anyone ridden the Blue Ridge Parkway?
    > >>
    > >> RS

    > > The best riding in SC is on a cruiser bike in Myrtle Beach during
    > > Spring Break.
    > >
    > > JD
    > >

    > Just remember you daughter isn't that far away in age when you're looking
    > while cruising....
    >
    > Gary (cursed or blessed ??? with two aging daughters....)

    My post didn't have a pervish bend to it as much as a dig on how flat
    SC is in general.

    JD

  6. GeeDubb

    GeeDubb Guest

    > GeeDubb wrote:
    >> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]

    >> > The best riding in SC is on a cruiser bike in Myrtle Beach during
    >> > Spring Break.
    >> >
    >> > JD
    >> >

    >> Just remember you daughter isn't that far away in age when you're looking
    >> while cruising....
    >>
    >> Gary (cursed or blessed ??? with two aging daughters....)

    > My post didn't have a pervish bend to it as much as a dig on how flat
    > SC is in general.
    >
    > JD

    Well we know where my mind is then don't we? :)

    What are you doing up so early?

    Gary(or haven't you gone to bed yet?)

  7. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    JD wrote:
    > GeeDubb wrote:
    >> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]

    >>> The best riding in SC is on a cruiser bike in Myrtle Beach during
    >>> Spring Break.
    >>>
    >>> JD
    >>>

    >> Just remember you daughter isn't that far away in age when you're looking
    >> while cruising....
    >>
    >> Gary (cursed or blessed ??? with two aging daughters....)

    > My post didn't have a pervish bend to it as much as a dig on how flat
    > SC is in general.
    >
    > JD

    And sandy! Very sandy! Bleh!

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

  8. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

    > Robert Schultz wrote:
    > > Hi:
    > >
    > > Thinking of heading down to South Carolina at the end of March. Has
    > > anyone got any recommendations for rides? Are the trails ok to ride in
    > > the spring? Strictly road?
    > >
    > > Has anyone ridden the Blue Ridge Parkway?
    > >
    > > RS

    > The best riding in SC is on a cruiser bike in Myrtle Beach during
    > Spring Break.

    Word!

    --
    - Zilla
    Cary, NC USA

    > JD

  9. Dirk Morgan

    Dirk Morgan Guest

    try Cowpens National Battleground Park. It has a one-way paved 3 mile
    loop around the battleground that is not crowded. They also have an easy
    unpaved 2 mile nature trail that horses, hikers, mtber's can all use. It
    is located on Highway 11 between Chesnee and Gaffney SC.

  10. JD

    JD Guest

    GeeDubb wrote:
    > "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > GeeDubb wrote:
    > >> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >> news:[email protected]

    > >> Just remember you daughter isn't that far away in age when you're looking
    > >> while cruising....
    > >>
    > >> Gary (cursed or blessed ??? with two aging daughters....)

    > > My post didn't have a pervish bend to it as much as a dig on how flat
    > > SC is in general.
    > >
    > > JD
    > >

    > Well we know where my mind is then don't we? :)
    >
    > What are you doing up so early?
    >
    > Gary(or haven't you gone to bed yet?)

    I was smoking a bowl of Froot Loops. This morning I'm mainlining a
    bagel.

    JD

  11. Marty

    Marty Guest

    > GeeDubb wrote:
    >> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]

    >> > My post didn't have a pervish bend to it as much as a dig on how flat
    >> > SC is in general.
    >> >
    >> > JD
    >> >

    >> Well we know where my mind is then don't we? :)
    >>
    >> What are you doing up so early?
    >>
    >> Gary(or haven't you gone to bed yet?)

    > I was smoking a bowl of Froot Loops. This morning I'm mainlining a
    > bagel.
    >
    > JD

    My wife decided she wanted to do the "South Beach" diet so of COURSE
    I have to help her......................... Life sucks right now! It sure is
    an easy
    way to lighten my bike though.

    The good news is I'm earning huge weekend pass points for ride time.

    BTW, no joy on Hemo to date. I'll try again in a few days.

    l8r

    Marty

  12. JD has a point there flat. You can take in the car races in Conway.