riding in southampton

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by wardie2000, Sep 2, 2003.

  1. wardie2000

    wardie2000 New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2003
    hi,
    Does anyone know of a road racing team that is based close to the centre of southampton?
    I have been a student down there for a year and really missed my riding.
    So if anyone can tell me of a team it would be greatly appreciatred!

    Thanks

    Tags:

  2. >hi, Does anyone know of a road racing team that is based close to the centre of southampton?

    Not really, but you could have a look at

    http://www.hantsrc.freeserve.co.uk/ they are apparently based in Havant, not a million miles from
    Southampton.

    Then there's

    http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/clubsasp/south.asp

    Which gives a whole list of clubs, contact details etc., some with Southampton addresses.

    Best of luck, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~
    h*$el***$$n*$d$ot$**s**i$$m*$m$**on**[email protected]*$$a**$*ol*$*.*$$c$om*$ by getting rid of the
    overdependence on money and fame
    ~~~~~~~~~~

  3. Neil Hardman

    Neil Hardman Guest

    I believe that Hargroves cycle shop in Milbrook has a team.

    Regards, Neil

    "wardie2000" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > hi, Does anyone know of a road racing team that is based close to the centre of southampton? I
    > have been a student down there for a year and really missed my riding. So if anyone can tell me of
    > a team it would be greatly appreciatred!
    >
    > Thanks

  4. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    "wardie2000" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > hi, Does anyone know of a road racing team that is based close to the centre of southampton? I
    > have been a student down there for a year and really missed my riding. So if anyone can tell me of
    > a team it would be greatly appreciatred!

    Southampton Uni has a great reputation for encouraging cycling. I believe there are both a road and
    MTB club within the Union. Why not contact one of them for pointers.?

  5. Jon Spencer

    Jon Spencer Guest

    Try Sotonia CC or GS Europa - contact details can be found on the CTT South DC website
    (www.southdc.org.uk).

    Alternatively you could track down & ask Luke Myers who is a postgrad in the Civil Engineering Dept
    at Southampton Uni and a 1st cat roadman.

    Jon

    "wardie2000" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > hi, Does anyone know of a road racing team that is based close to the centre of southampton? I
    > have been a student down there for a year and really missed my riding. So if anyone can tell me of
    > a team it would be greatly appreciatred!
    >
    > Thanks

  6. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 22:35:01 +0100, "Tony W" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Southampton Uni has a great reputation for encouraging cycling.

    The CTC even gave them an award for it.

    Guy
    ===
    ** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com New!
    Improved!! Now with added extra Demon!

  7. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    wardie2000 wrote:
    > hi, Does anyone know of a road racing team that is based close to the centre of southampton? I
    > have been a student down there for a year and really missed my riding. So if anyone can tell me of
    > a team it would be greatly appreciatred!

    There's a long list on the Hant County Council website at
    http://www.hants.gov.uk/istcclr/ixx185.html. The University also has a cycling club

    Tony

    --
    "If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything." Mark Twain

  8. John'S Cat

    John'S Cat Guest

    On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 22:35:01 +0100, "Tony W" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"wardie2000" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> hi, Does anyone know of a road racing team that is based close to the centre of southampton? I
    >> have been a student down there for a year and really missed my riding. So if anyone can tell me
    >> of a team it would be greatly appreciatred!
    >
    >Southampton Uni has a great reputation for encouraging cycling. I believe there are both a road and
    >MTB club within the Union. Why not contact one of them for pointers.?

    It's about time that the BUG site was updated though.