riding in southampton

wardie2000

New Member
Jun 9, 2003
hi,
Does anyone know of a road racing team that is based close to the centre of southampton?
I have been a student down there for a year and really missed my riding.
So if anyone can tell me of a team it would be greatly appreciatred!

Thanks

>hi, Does anyone know of a road racing team that is based close to the centre of southampton?

Not really, but you could have a look at

http://www.hantsrc.freeserve.co.uk/ they are apparently based in Havant, not a million miles from
Southampton.

Then there's

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/clubsasp/south.asp

Which gives a whole list of clubs, contact details etc., some with Southampton addresses.

Best of luck, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
h*$el***$$n*$d$ot$**s**i$$m*$m$**on**$s$@*$$a**$*ol*$*.*$$c$om*$ by getting rid of the
overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

I believe that Hargroves cycle shop in Milbrook has a team.

Regards, Neil

"wardie2000" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> hi, Does anyone know of a road racing team that is based close to the centre of southampton? I
> have been a student down there for a year and really missed my riding. So if anyone can tell me of
> a team it would be greatly appreciatred!
>
> Thanks

"wardie2000" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> hi, Does anyone know of a road racing team that is based close to the centre of southampton? I
> have been a student down there for a year and really missed my riding. So if anyone can tell me of
> a team it would be greatly appreciatred!

Southampton Uni has a great reputation for encouraging cycling. I believe there are both a road and
MTB club within the Union. Why not contact one of them for pointers.?

Try Sotonia CC or GS Europa - contact details can be found on the CTT South DC website
(www.southdc.org.uk).

Alternatively you could track down & ask Luke Myers who is a postgrad in the Civil Engineering Dept
at Southampton Uni and a 1st cat roadman.

Jon

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 22:35:01 +0100, "Tony W" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Southampton Uni has a great reputation for encouraging cycling.

The CTC even gave them an award for it.

Guy
===
** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com New!
Improved!! Now with added extra Demon!

wardie2000 wrote:
> hi, Does anyone know of a road racing team that is based close to the centre of southampton? I
> have been a student down there for a year and really missed my riding. So if anyone can tell me of
> a team it would be greatly appreciatred!

There's a long list on the Hant County Council website at
http://www.hants.gov.uk/istcclr/ixx185.html. The University also has a cycling club

Tony

--
"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything." Mark Twain

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 22:35:01 +0100, "Tony W" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"wardie2000" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> hi, Does anyone know of a road racing team that is based close to the centre of southampton? I
>> have been a student down there for a year and really missed my riding. So if anyone can tell me
>> of a team it would be greatly appreciatred!
>
>Southampton Uni has a great reputation for encouraging cycling. I believe there are both a road and
>MTB club within the Union. Why not contact one of them for pointers.?

It's about time that the BUG site was updated though.