Riding in the winter, in cold weather.

I made a set of Ben's Tire Chains yesterday, with what appears great
success (the link to his instructions are earlier in this thread, or
just google "unicycle chains"). I ended up using a smaller link size
then he used 'cause they didn't have the same size, but they seem to
grip really well. Build time was about 2 hours.
So far, I've had a lot of good success riding on both ice and snow,
slushy snow, and hardpack snow. Not perfect, slcik stuff does take me
down, but they do seem to help. Links to pics
'Full View' (http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/univid/unichain/full.jpg)
'Closeup...' (http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/univid/unichain/closeup.jpg)
'Extreme Closeup!!!' (http://tinyurl.com/3t2gs)
The duct tape is 'cause I get a bit of chain rub...

What kind of luck have other people gotten with chains? And any
opinions on improving what I got?

--
evil-nick - Unicyclist, Linux Geek, & swell guy

Never kick a unicyclist in the groin... it will only make them grow
stronger...

Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total
obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and
through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see
its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will
remain.

* Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.

It is impossible to enjoy idling thoroughly unless one has plenty of
work to do. -- Jerome Klapka Jerome

My gallery:
http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/uni.html
evil-nick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6692

vanished wrote:
> *you think -35 is bad? try almost -50 here in stoon
> and yes i'm gonna ride it in this year. Its only about -5 out here
> right now....its like a furnace out there! *

its so true i live down the street from him :)

--
drewation - stoons finest

why take the bus when you can uni
drewation's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8274